Marry Christmas

  • nhek sophearith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2006

      Dear all friends

      Greeting from Cambodia,

      Marry Christmas and may spirt of christmas filled with you all joy,love and peace

      I hope you all enjoy with your all time and family

      Take are always

      Warm regards ,Phearith

    • Yam Bahadur Kisan
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 2006
        Dear all friends

        Marry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007

        Yam Kisan

        Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist and Christian Leader
        Email : ybkisan@...

      • jerome deporres
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 25, 2006
          Hi Everybody,

          Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and a happy new year. May the good lord bless you and guide you now and forever.

          Jerome

          Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist and Christian Leader

          Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.
        • Ekkarin Tuansiri
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 27, 2006
            thank

            Bangkok Post 21 Dec 2006

            EDITORIAL

            A chance to see justice in South

            An air of expectancy regarding progress in ending the southern violence
            arose when the country's first Muslim army chief, Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin,
            led the coup against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in September.
            Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont quickly set to work, seizing the
            opportunity to try and forge some form of reconciliation in the embattled
            Malay-Muslim majority provinces of the deep South. He spoke of justice,
            reconciliation and dialogue.

            But despite the optimism, any attempt to achieve peace in the troubled
            region is going to be difficult. Gen Surayud visited the South shortly after
            becoming prime minister, announcing that he wanted to reverse the
            heavy-handed counter-insurgency tactics of Mr Thaksin, and to return justice
            to an increasingly marginalised Malay-Muslim population.

            But Gen Surayud has since said that ensuring justice for the families of the
            hundreds of victims of alleged extra-judicial killings, kidnappings and
            torture, is not going to be as easy.

            An opportunity has recently arisen, though, for the state to now prove its
            intent and capability in ensuring justice across the board, not just as part
            of political points-scoring against the ousted Thaksin administration.

            On Nov 28, the Pattani Provincial Court concluded a two-year-long
            post-mortem inquiry into the deaths of 32 militants in and around the
            ancient Krue Se mosque in Pattani's Muang district in April 2004, and named
            three military officials as responsible for many of the deaths, including
            Gen Pallop Pinmanee.

            The Examination of the Post Mortem Inquest sought to clarify the name, place
            and cause of death of each individual.

            The judge held that out of the 32 killed in and around the mosque, four were
            killed in fighting with police at a nearby checkpoint. The remaining 28 had
            fled into Krue Se Mosque and hidden there before the military subsequently
            stormed the mosque, killing all 28 men inside.

            The court concluded that 28 of the 32 victims were killed by security forces
            under the orders of three men: Gen Pallop, Col Manas Kongpan and Lt-Col
            Tanaphat Nakchaiya.

            The inquest, however, is a judicial procedure that precedes a full trial and
            does not hold any person or persons liable for the deaths. But the ruling
            does open the way for the beginning of criminal proceedings against the
            three for their alleged disproportionate use of force in the standoff.

            The court's ruling offers Gen Surayud's government a golden opportunity to
            begin to address the wider problem of impunity for government forces in the
            South. It would also help return confidence in the state and the judicial
            system among the Muslim community.

            Gen Surayud has vocally agreed that justice needs to be made a priority in
            the South. Now he has a chance to put those words into action.

            Whether or not the Attorney-General sets the criminal investigation in
            motion will be a key test of the interim government's promise to bring back
            the rule of law.

            An independent inquiry into the Krue Se incident, carried out by the
            National Reconciliation Commission, found that the violence was started by
            the insurgents, but that security officials acting under the orders of Gen
            Pallop had used excessive force and heavy weapons disproportionate to the
            threat posed by the assailants.

            The inquiry also stated that Gen Pallop ignored a directive from Deputy
            Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh to resolve the situation by surrounding
            the mosque and entering into negotiations.

            A full criminal investigation leading to the trial of state officers
            responsible, not just for the Krue Se incident but also responsible for the
            deaths of civilians in numerous other cases in the South, must be carried
            out if reconciliation is to be achieved

            >From: jerome deporres <deporresjerome@...>
            >To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Marry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007
            >Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:57:17 -0800 (PST)
            >
            >Hi Everybody,
            >
            >Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and a happy new year. May the good lord
            >bless you and guide you now and forever.
            >
            >Jerome

            The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop.
            http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/
          • Ekkarin Tuansiri
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 27, 2006
              Bangkok post 26 Dec 2006

              THE SOUTH

              150 held for treason say charge baseless

              AMPA SANTIMATANEDOL

              About 150 people being held on treason charges in the three southernmost
              provinces have called on the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to seek
              their release, saying the police accusations are groundless.

              Surasee Kosolnawin, chairman of the NHRC's rights protection sub-committee,
              said about 150 treason suspects from the deep South had sought assistance
              after being imprisoned for two years without proper charges being laid.

              The suspects are just some of the thousands of people in the restive region
              who were arrested on suspicion of treason in 2004 when Thaksin Shinawatra
              was still prime minister.

              Seventy of the 150 are from Yala province and the rest from Pattani and
              Narathiwat. Police had accused them of involvement in acts of treason, but
              failed to present evidence to back the allegations, Mr Surasee said.

              Local people in the South no longer trust the authorities and believe they
              cannot get justice, he said. This was a major factor in the lack of progress
              by state agencies in solving the region's problems.

              Locals were distancing themselves from these agencies because they feel they
              are not really there to help them.

              Only a small number of locals have made use of provincial justice centres
              where officials of the NHRC and the Lawyers Council of Thailand are based.

              He suggested state agencies become less bureaucratic and introduce
              networking in dealing with the locals. "The first urgent thing to do is to
              allow those arrested during the Thaksin administration to be released on
              bail," he said.

              The NHRC will also campaign against police black-listing people and putting
              a bounty on some suspects.

              Mr Surasee said he found several innocent people had been arrested. Despite
              no hard evidence against them, some had been sent to prisons in Bangkok
              rather than their being detained at their provincial prisons, he said.

> [...]
              >
              >The inquiry also stated that Gen Pallop ignored a directive from Deputy
              >Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh to resolve the situation by
              >surrounding
              >the mosque and entering into negotiations.
              >
              >A full criminal investigation leading to the trial of state officers
              >responsible, not just for the Krue Se incident but also responsible for the
              >deaths of civilians in numerous other cases in the South, must be carried
              >out if reconciliation is to be achieved
              >

              > >From: jerome deporres <deporresjerome@...>
              > >To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Marry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007
              > >Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:57:17 -0800 (PST)
              > >
              > >Hi Everybody,
              > >
              > >Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and a happy new year. May the good
              >lord
              > >bless you and guide you now and forever.

              Type your favorite song.� Get a customized station.� Try MSN Radio powered
              by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001
            • Yam Bahadur Kisan
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 27, 2007
                Dear All

                Marry Christmas and A Very Happy New Year 2008