Re: [justpeaceinasia] Dalit Children died from Starvation in Nepal

  • JahanAra
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2006
      It really disturbs my thoughts and how the institution of family system works.Poverty really kills people.

      Peace
      jahan ara

      Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@...> wrote:
      Kids die of starvation

      Kantipur Report

      ARGHAKHANCHI, Dec 8 - The seven parties performed the final rites of two children who died from starvation in Arghakhanchi' s Dhakabang VDC, Darimpata.

      In what comes as a shocking tale of neglect, brother and sister Ram, 4 and Rama, 6, cried to death after their father Cham Bahadur Pariyar abandoned the family some four years ago and their mother was out of the home in search of food.

      The two children who had been crying for the last four days longing for food finally died of starvation.

      Pariyar, the father of two, disappeared some four years ago and the mother had gone been out in search of food when the two children died suffering from extreme hunger.

      Yam Kisan
      Nepal

      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist and Christian Leader