Concept of security

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2004
      At the workshop we discussed the need to produce a publication that
      would re-examin the concept of security. I contacted a good friend
      in Thailand who has been trying to get the Thai government to move
      away from a "force-oriented" idea of security to one that involves
      more understanding and community involvement. He has sent me to
      articles he has written on this and they have been added to the
      files section of our group. I think these are good think pieces,
      but we still need to do some reflective writing on security from the
      perspective of the marginalized. I would like to urge all of you to
      either do some writing on this, or find articles already written
      that help give a new perspective to the idea of security from the
      point of view of the marginalized.