Appeal for Urgent Action-Gang Attack on Dalits

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2004

      Dear friends,

      This is an urgent matter for which I appeal to you all to go through the documents attached. On 16th August 2004, the next day of Independence Day, nearly 250 Dalits were attacked by caste Hindus numbering about 800. More than 150 people including 35-40 women are injuried in this gruesome attack. The police and local administration is taking a lethargic attitude towards the culprits. This is a case of caste violence and quite serious one by all means.

      Herewith I am attaching a report of the priliminary investigation undertaken by the Dalit Study Circle along with a set of model letters to be to different commissions and the Government of Chhattisgarh. You are free to draft your own letter to each of the different offices.

      Kindly support us by sending letters and protect the gross violation of human rights of Dalits in Chhattisgarh. Kindly mark a copy of your letter to us on the address given below or on to the same e-mail. You are free to forward this to all people on your mailing list. You could also contact me on my mobile number if you need any update or further information. My number is +91-98933-57911.

      Please do the needed to the best of your wisdom.

      With thanks and regards

      Goldy M. George

      Convener

      Dalit Study Circle

      MD-45, Veer Savarkar Nagar, Hirapur Colony,

      Tatibandh, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India

      Tel: +91-98933-57911

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Yahoo! Mail - Now with 25x more storage than before!