Empires and God

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005
      EMPIRES AND GOD
      Bob Edgar

      Empires use religion to exploit.
      God uses faith and hope to empower the powerless

      Empires seek to redefine war and foster a new militarism.
      God blesses the peacemakers and calls them his children.

      Empires talk of preemptive strikes and usable nuclear weapons.
      God builds on the “axis of good” and the “axis of justice”, the “axis of LOVE” and the “axis of HOPE.”

      Empires invade other countries and markets and cultures to destroy.
      God invades the heart, the mind and the soul.

      Empires fight WARS ON TERRORISM by labeling all who are different as “terrorists.”
      God “shocks and awes” us with words of FORGIVENESS and RECONCILIATION.  God always avoids simplistic labeling.

      Empires are built on greed and arrogance
      God’s Kingdom has always been built by average ordinary people called by God to be the leaders, the prophets, the disciples of this generation.

      We are the leaders, prophets and disciples we have been waiting for.7

      “You don't make peace by talking to your friends; you have to make peace with your enemies.” Nelson Mandela