WTO statements

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2005
      Dear friends:

      As you all know, the WTO meeting will be taking place in Hong Kong this week.  On December 9 and 10, an interfaith consultation on faith responses to the WTO was held.  I have attached two statements that came from this consultation.

      peace.....max ediger

      "Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy."  Wendell Berry

      Yahoo! Shopping
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2005
        Dear Max,
        Thanks for the statement being brought out by the inter-faith forum. I am happy that our people are actively against the WTO in Hongkong.

        With lots of warmth..

        Dear friends:

        As you all know, the WTO meeting will be taking place in Hong Kong this week.  On December 9 and 10, an interfaith consultation on faith responses to the WTO was held.  I have attached two statements that came from this consultation.

        peace.....max ediger

        "Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy."  Wendell Berry

        Yahoo! Shopping

        Convenor
        Dalit Study Circle,
        Raipur, Chhattisgarh
        Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. LetsÂ’ believe in a society beyond this.