Re: [justpeaceinasia] Fwd: INTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      Dear Max:
      Thanks for the information. However I think that it is too expensive for me atleast unless someone wants to sponser me for the course.

      What do you think. If it is possible for CJPA to sponsor at least a couple of persons for this course? I would recommend that some of us should be there if possible. Secondly I didn't understand that how would someone be recommended through the rotary clubs at the local level? I am raising this doubt since I am not sure if they would recommend anyone like us as in our place they are more in business like activities but anything.

      I think this is something that is going to create more problem. Any progress in the plans to develop the justpeace curriculum?

      Warm regards

      INTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION

      Center for Peace and Conflict Studies

      Chulalongkorn University

      Course Information

      The Center for Peace and Conflict Studies has been established by the cooperation of Chulalongkorn University (CU) and the Rotary Foundation (TRF) and will run its first International Training on Conflict Resolution in Bangkok in 2006.

      The curriculum of this 10-week course has been designed by experts in the field of peace studies to enhance capacity, knowledge and skill necessary for peacebuliding, and to generate interaction between practitioners and academics of the course participants.

      The core faculty and guest speakers include those of local and international experts.

      Schedule 2006-2007 Program Year

      Session 1

      Registration and Orientation: 3 July 2006

      Classes: 4 July - 29 September 2006

      Session 2

      Registration and Orientation: 8 January 2007

      Classes: 9 January - 6 April 2007

      Eligibility Requirements

      • Employed, mid-range/mid-career, with at least five years in conflict field and/or upper middle level employee in an agency who will be able to apply the skills provided through the program when they return to their job
      • Good command of English
      • Possess and academic degree
      • Non-Rotarian and not a lineal descendent of a living Rotarian or someone who has been a Rotarian within 36 months before the candidate’s application to the program

      Cost

      Participants or their employers will be expected to pay Thai Baht 200,000 (approximately US$5,000) for the 10-week course, which covers tuition, on-campus accommodations, meals, educational materials, field trip and insurance. The cost is Thai Baht 104,000 (approximately US$ 2,500) for those participants not requiring housing. The fees do not include round-trip transportation to Bangkok.

      A limited number of partial and full fellowships for low-income country participants are available.

      Application

      Application must be made through and supported by local Rotary clubs. Selection will be made by the Rotary Foundation and Chulalongkorn University. Applications for the two sessions in 2006-07 program year are due to the Rotary Foundation by 15 January 2006.

      Contact

      Center for Peace and Conflict Studies,

      Chulalongkorn University

      Bangkok 10330 Thailand

      Tel/Fax: + 66 (0) 2 218 7297

      www.cpcs.chula.ac.th

      E-mail: cpcs@...

      The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International

      One Rotary Center

      1560 Sherman Avenue

      Evanston, IL 60201-3698 USA

      www.rotary.org

      Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE! Get Yahoo! Mail

      "Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions.  You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg."  Anon.

      Convenor
      Dalit Study Circle,
      Raipur, Chhattisgarh
      Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.