Re: [justpeaceinasia] Hello

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 27, 2005
      Dear Phearith,
      Black theology is the theological understanding that emerged through the struggles of the Black people across the world for their dignity. This means that the struggle is directly or indirectly related with the struggles against racism, apartheid and xenophobia.

      This has a longish history of struggle where people say that God (Jesus) is not a white but black, who stands with them in their struggle for fuller humanity.

      Warm regards and justpeace
      Goldy

      nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
      Dear Goldy

      Greeting from Cambodia , Thanks for your help me but i just wonder What is mean Black Theology? quite not sure that word  .

      Take care

      Warm regards ,Phearith

      All are fine Nhek
      Goldy

      nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
      Dear Goldy

      Thanks for your help , made me clear about Ecumenical so i understood now .What about your family ? i hope they are fine and doing well .

      Take care

      Warm regards ,Phearith

      Hi Nhek,
      Ecumenical is a christian word which orignates from ecumenism. Ecumenism originally meant for unionisation. Means unionisation or coming together of the Christian world. It is also seen in the context of radical Christian understanding of the bible and the emergence of Liberation theology along with Black theology. Subsequently it gave birth to sub-altern theological understanding in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.

      These days some Christian organisation had gone out of their conventional way and started naming themselves under this banner viz. 'ecumenical'. This is the context in which the entire relevance of such organisation lies to the extent which it related with the contemporary realities of the society.

      In recent times it is understood as a more secular word, hence ecumenism is meant as a call to go beyond the borders of church and join hands with the suffering masses. Ecumenical is the process of ecumenism.

      I hope that this would more complicate you with further questions!!!

      Warmth
      Goldy

      nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
      Hello Goldy

      I have same question could you help me some . they has
      workship talk about social
      issue and i didn't know  more about this word "
      Ecumenical "

      can you explain to me plesae i hope you are understood
      more than me ,

      I hope you are improve too much with your business and
      happiness with your family

      Please  send my regards to your family and all of your
      friend

      take care

      Warm regards ,Phearith

      Goldy M. George
      Convenor
      Dalit Study Circle,
      Raipur, Chhattisgarh
      Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 29, 2005
        Friends:  I just returned from travels in Sri Lanka and India.  I'll share more with you concerning this visit next week when I have time to sit down and reflect.

        Concerning the info Sharon collected, I'll go over it more carefully, but I agree with Goldy that these are the kinds of people/groups we should be linking up with.

        Dear Sharon,
        You are really a great researcher. No doubt! Thanks a lot. I think we should get in touch with that movement as justpeace. What does other members think about this. Please respond..

        Sharon Schroeder <sharon@...> wrote:
        Hi Goldy,

        Rebecca Lolosoli is an Indigenous women’s human rights activist, and founder of the Kenyan Umoja Uaso Women’s Group, a member of the Indigenous Information Network.

        Her photo on the Truthout website:

        I'm not sure if this is the website for the Women's Group, but it could be (but it's pretty sparse):

        Rebecca Lolosoli, one of the village leaders, is on the financial committee for the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy:
        (This might be the easiest way to contact her, indirectly through this organization):
        Lewa Nairobi office
        Contact Person: Liz Gitau
        Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
        P. O. Box 10607
        00100 Nairobi
        Kenya
        Tel : (+254-20) 607893
        Fax : (+254-20) 607197
        Email : lewa@...

        She will be part of the African Indigenous Women: Fall 2005 Speaking Tour:
        This bio mentions that her group is bringing a case against the British military for raping over 1400 Samburu women during the 1980’s and 90’s.

        There have been many websites linking to this same Washington Post article (very popular!), but looking for other information, I find:

        Girl power (Gary Monro's blog)
        Not sure who Gary Monro is, but I haven't found an original source.

        All-Female African Village Still Thriving After 10 Years,
        Feminist Majority Foundation's National Center for Women and Policing:

        About IIN:
        Indigenous Information Network (IIN) is based in Kenya, a small, two person NGO started five years ago with minimal support, and they manage to do a whole lot of information dissemination, and have several workshops and other programs.
        Brief description of IIN:
        http://www.madre.org/sister/Kenya.html

        More info about programs:

        Address:
        Indigenous Information Network (IIN)
        Galexon House, 301A 3rd Floor
        Off Mbagathi Way
        P O Box 74908
        Nairobi, Kenya
        Tel: (+254 © 2) 272 3958
        Fax: (+254 © 2) 272 9607
        e©mail: iin@... and Mulenkei@....

        This is pretty much all that's on the internet about her. I think this answers your question, although I'm not quite sure.

        Have a good day,
        Sharon
        Message 3 of 14 , May 9, 2006
          i attached the details.

          Thank you
        • 이재영
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008

            Dear Max and Justpeaceasia Friends

            Warm greetings from Korea!
            It has been long time to write you, but I do read your e-mail and news from different parts.
            Max, thank you for your coordination.

            I wish new year 2009 will bring more peace and justice in Asia and in the world.
            Peaceful blessings to all of you!

            Happy new year!!

            샬롬 (Shalom)
            이재영 (Jae Young Lee)

            평화부 담당 간사 (Peace Program Coordinator)
            한국 아나뱁티스트 센터
            Korea Anabaptist Center (www.kac.or.kr)

            부원장 (Vice-President)
            커넥서스 어학원
            Connexus Language Institute (www.connexus.co.kr)
            'Let's Dream Impossible Dreams!'
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 13, 2009
              --- In justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com, 이재영 <kojay99@...> wrote:
              >Dear All,

              Warm Greetings to you all from Nepal!

              This new year is special for me because I joined the justpeace in
              Asia with such a nice people there.

              To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream,
              not only plan but also believe,
              so this year start thinking this way:
              New Year is the perfect time to pause,
              look around and appreciate the beatiful surprises that life holds in
              its store,
              for it is important in life to take a break,
              appreciate beauty ...
              Wishing you all happy and prosperous NEW YEAR - 2009.

              Amrit R Manandhar