Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

RE: [justpeaceinasia] Interesting Article: A Place Where Women Rule

Expand Messages
  • Sharon Schroeder
    Hi Goldy, Rebecca Lolosoli is an Indigenous women s human rights activist, and founder of the Kenyan Umoja Uaso Women s Group, a member of the Indigenous
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 25, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Message
      Hi Goldy,
       
      Rebecca Lolosoli is an Indigenous women’s human rights activist, and founder of the Kenyan Umoja Uaso Women’s Group, a member of the Indigenous Information Network.
       
      Her photo on the Truthout website:
       
      I'm not sure if this is the website for the Women's Group, but it could be (but it's pretty sparse):
       
      Rebecca Lolosoli, one of the village leaders, is on the financial committee for the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy:
      (This might be the easiest way to contact her, indirectly through this organization):
      Lewa Nairobi office
      Contact Person: Liz Gitau
      Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
      P. O. Box 10607
      00100 Nairobi
      Kenya
      Tel : (+254-20) 607893
      Fax : (+254-20) 607197
      Email : lewa@...
       
      She will be part of the African Indigenous Women: Fall 2005 Speaking Tour:
      This bio mentions that her group is bringing a case against the British military for raping over 1400 Samburu women during the 1980’s and 90’s.
       
      There have been many websites linking to this same Washington Post article (very popular!), but looking for other information, I find:
       
      Girl power (Gary Monro's blog)
      Not sure who Gary Monro is, but I haven't found an original source.
       
      All-Female African Village Still Thriving After 10 Years,
      Feminist Majority Foundation's National Center for Women and Policing:
       
      About IIN:
      Indigenous Information Network (IIN) is based in Kenya, a small, two person NGO started five years ago with minimal support, and they manage to do a whole lot of information dissemination, and have several workshops and other programs.
      Brief description of IIN:
      http://www.madre.org/sister/Kenya.html
       
      More info about programs:
       
      Address:
      Indigenous Information Network (IIN)
      Galexon House, 301A 3rd Floor
      Off Mbagathi Way
      P O Box 74908
      Nairobi, Kenya
      Tel: (+254 © 2) 272 3958 
      Fax: (+254 © 2) 272 9607 
      e©mail: iin@... and Mulenkei@....
       
      This is pretty much all that's on the internet about her. I think this answers your question, although I'm not quite sure.
       
      Have a good day,
      Sharon
      -----Original Message-----
      From: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Goldy George
      Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:36 PM
      To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Interesting Article: A Place Where Women Rule

      Dear Sharon,
      Thanks for putting this news. However I would request you to trac if there is any possibility get across this bold women rule. However it is not clear from the article that these women are white. Search for their contact points.
       
      Regards.
      Goldy

      hk> wrote:
       A Place Where Women Rule
          By Emily Wax
          The Washington Post
       
          Saturday 09 July 2005
      All-female village in Kenya is a sign of burgeoning feminism across Africa.
    • nhek sophearith
      Dear Goldy Greeting from Cambodia , Thanks for your help me but i just wonder What is mean Black Theology? quite not sure that word . Take care Warm regards
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 25, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Dear Goldy
         
        Greeting from Cambodia , Thanks for your help me but i just wonder What is mean Black Theology? quite not sure that word  .
         
        Take care
         
        Warm regards ,Phearith

        Goldy George <dalitstudycircle@...> wrote:
        All are fine Nhek
        Goldy

        nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
        Dear Goldy
         
        Thanks for your help , made me clear about Ecumenical so i understood now .What about your family ? i hope they are fine and doing well .
         
        Take care
         
        Warm regards ,Phearith

        Hi Nhek,
        Ecumenical is a christian word which orignates from ecumenism. Ecumenism originally meant for unionisation. Means unionisation or coming together of the Christian world. It is also seen in the context of radical Christian understanding of the bible and the emergence of Liberation theology along with Black theology. Subsequently it gave birth to sub-altern theological understanding in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.

        These days some Christian organisation had gone out of their conventional way and started naming themselves under this banner viz. 'ecumenical'. This is the context in which the entire relevance of such organisation lies to the extent which it related with the contemporary realities of the society.
         
        In recent times it is understood as a more secular word, hence ecumenism is meant as a call to go beyond the borders of church and join hands with the suffering masses. Ecumenical is the process of ecumenism.
         
        I hope that this would more complicate you with further questions!!!
         
        Warmth
        Goldy

        nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
        Hello Goldy

        I have same question could you help me some . they has
        workship talk about social
        issue and i didn't know  more about this word "
        Ecumenical "

        can you explain to me plesae i hope you are understood
        more than me ,

        I hope you are improve too much with your business and
        happiness with your family

        Please  send my regards to your family and all of your
        friend

        take care

        Warm regards ,Phearith



        --- Goldy George <dalitstudycircle@...> wrote:

        > Dear Sharon,
        > Thanks for putting this news. However I would
        > request you to trac if there is any possibility get
        > across this bold women rule. However it is not clear
        > from the article that these women are white. Search
        > for their contact points.

        > Regards.
        > Goldy
        >
        > hk> wrote:
        >  A Place Where Women Rule
        >     By Emily Wax
        >     The Washington Post

        >     Saturday 09 July 2005
        > All-female village in Kenya is a sign of burgeoning
        > feminism across Africa.

        >     Umoja, Kenya - Seated cross-legged on tan sisal
        > mats in the shade, Rebecca Lolosoli, matriarch of a
        > village for women only, took the hand of a
        > frightened 13-year-old girl. The child was expected
        > to wed a man nearly three times her age, and
        > Lolosoli told her she didn't have to.

        >     The man was Lolosoli's brother, but that didn't
        > matter. This is a patch of Africa where women rule.

        >     "You are a small girl. He is an old man," said
        > Lolosoli, who gives haven to young girls running
        > from forced marriages. "Women don't have to put up
        > with this nonsense anymore."

        >     Ten years ago, a group of women established the
        > village of Umoja, which means unity in Swahili, on
        > an unwanted field of dry grasslands. The women said
        > they had been raped and, as a result, abandoned by
        > their husbands, who claimed they had shamed their
        > community.

        >     Stung by the treatment, Lolosoli, a charismatic
        > and self-assured woman with a crown of puffy dark
        > hair, decided no men would be allowed to live in
        > their circular village of mud-and-dung huts.

        >     In an act of spite, the men of her tribe started
        > their own village across the way, often monitoring
        > activities in Umoja and spying on their female
        > counterparts.

        >     What started as a group of homeless women
        > looking for a place of their own became a successful
        > and happy village. About three dozen women live here
        > and run a cultural center and camping site for
        > tourists visiting the adjacent Samburu National
        > Reserve. Umoja has flourished, eventually attracting
        > so many women seeking help that they even hired men
        > to haul firewood, traditionally women's work.

        >     The men in the rival village also attempted to
        > build a tourist and cultural center, but were not
        > very successful.

        >     But the women felt empowered with the revenue
        > from the camping site and their cultural center,
        > where they sell crafts. They were able to send their
        > children to school for the first time, eat well and
        > reject male demands for their daughters'
        > circumcision and marriage.

        >     They became so respected that troubled women,
        > some beaten, some trying to get divorced, started
        > showing up in this little village in northern Kenya.
        > Lolosoli was even invited by the United Nations to
        > attend a recent world conference on gender
        > empowerment in New York.

        >     "That's when the very ugly jealous behaviors
        > started," Lolosoli said, adding that her life was
        > threatened by local men right before her trip to New
        > York. "They just said, frankly, that they wanted to
        > kill me," Lolosoli said, laughing because she
        > thought the idea sounded overly dramatic.

        >     Sebastian Lesinik, the chief of the male
        > village, also laughed, describing the clear division
        > he saw between men and women. "The man is the head,"
        > he said. "The lady is the neck. A man cannot take,
        > let's call it advice, from his neck."

        >     "She's questioning our very culture," Lesinik
        > said in an interview at a bar on a sweltering
        > afternoon. "This seems to be the thing in these
        > modern times. Troublemaking ladies like Rebecca."

        >     In a mix of African women's gumption and the
        > trickling in of influences from the outside world, a
        > version of feminism has grown progressively
        > alongside extreme levels of sexual violence, the
        > battle against HIV-AIDS, and the aftermath of
        > African wars, all of which have changed the role of
        > women in surprising ways.

        >     A package of new laws has been presented to
        > Kenya's parliament to give women unprecedented
        > rights to refuse marriage proposals, fight sexual
        > harassment in the workplace, reject genital
        > mutilation and to prosecute rape, an act so frequent
        > that Kenyan leaders call it the nation's biggest
        > human rights issue. The most severe penalty, known
        > as the "chemical castration bill," would castrate
        > repeatedly convicted rapists and send them to prison
        > for life.

        >     In neighboring Uganda, thousands of women are
        > rallying this month for the Domestic Relations Bill,
        > which would give them specific legal rights if their
        > husbands take a second wife, in part because of fear
        > of HIV infection.

        >     Eleven years after the genocide in Rwanda, in
        > which an estimated 800,000 people were killed, women
        > in the country hold 49 percent of the seats in the
        > lower house of parliament. Many of them are war
        > widows who have said they felt compelled to rise up
        > in protest after male leaders presided over the 1994
        > slaughter of Tutsi tribal members by the Hutu
        > majority.

        >     Across the continent in West Africa, Nigerian
        > women are lobbying strongly for the nomination of
        > more women politicians, including a president in
        > 2007, saying that men have failed to run the country
        > properly.

        >     Focusing on the meeting of Group of Eight
        > leaders in Scotland this week, female activists said
        > they hoped international aid intended for Africa
        > would include funding for women who are seeking
        > rights in their court systems and more
        > representation in their statehouses.

        >     "We are at the start of something important for
        > African women," said Margaret Auma Odhiambo, a
        > leader of western Kenya's largest group for widows.
        > The members are women whose husbands have died of
        > AIDS complications.

        >     Lolosoli's effort to speak out for change in her
        > patch of the continent shows the difficulties of
        > changing the rhythm and power structure of village
        > life. Before Lolosoli even went to the U.N.
        > conference, she was going house to house in the
        > nearby town of Archer's Post, telling women they had
        > rights, such as to refuse to have sex with their
        > husbands if they were being beaten or ill-treated.

        >     "A woman is nothing in our community," she said,
        > referring to the members of her tribe, including the
        > men in the village across the road.

        >     "You aren't able to answer men or speak in front
        > of them whether you are right or wrong," she said.
        > "That has to change. Women have to demand rights,
        > and then respect will come. But if you remain
        > silent, no one thinks you have anything to say. Then
        > again, I was not popular for what I was saying."

        >     At the U.N. conference in New York, Lolosoli
        > said, she and other women from around the world
        > bonded as they watched an episode of "Oprah" that
        > focused on women, verbal abuse and cheating
        > husbands.

        >     "You just cry and cry," sighed Lolosoli, who
        > said many men in her tribe still take several wives.
        > "Then again, I was really inspired to know that a
        > lot of women face challenges of this nature and make
        > it."

        >     When she came back to Kenya, armed with ideas
        > and empowerment training workbooks, she stood her
        > ground even when some of the men filed a court case
        > against her, seeking to shut down the village.

        >     "I would just ignore the men when they threw
        > stones at me and ask, 'Are you okay? Are your
        > children okay? Are your cows okay?' " she said. Her
        > tactic and calm reaction was disarming, she
        > recalled. "After everything, they weren't going to
        > stop us."

        >     Lolosoli is still battling her brother over his
        > attempt to marry the 13-year-old.

        >     But lately, the residents of the men's village
        > have been admitting defeat. They are no longer
        > trying to attract tourists. Some have moved
        > elsewhere. Others have had trouble getting married
        > because some women in the area are taking Lolosoli's
        > example
        === message truncated ===



                   
        ____________________________________________________
        Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs



        Goldy M. George
        Convenor
        Dalit Study Circle,
        Raipur, Chhattisgarh
        ________________________________________________________________________
        Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.


        Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page


        Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page



        Goldy M. George
        Convenor
        Dalit Study Circle,
        Raipur, Chhattisgarh
        ________________________________________________________________________
        Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

        __________________________________________________
        Do You Yahoo!?
        Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
        http://mail.yahoo.com


        Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

      • Goldy George
        Dear Sharon, You are really a great researcher. No doubt! Thanks a lot. I think we should get in touch with that movement as justpeace. What does other members
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 27, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Dear Sharon,
          You are really a great researcher. No doubt! Thanks a lot. I think we should get in touch with that movement as justpeace. What does other members think about this. Please respond..
           
          Regards
          Goldy

          Sharon Schroeder <sharon@...> wrote:
          Hi Goldy,
           
          Rebecca Lolosoli is an Indigenous women’s human rights activist, and founder of the Kenyan Umoja Uaso Women’s Group, a member of the Indigenous Information Network.
           
          Her photo on the Truthout website:
           
          I'm not sure if this is the website for the Women's Group, but it could be (but it's pretty sparse):
           
          Rebecca Lolosoli, one of the village leaders, is on the financial committee for the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy:
          (This might be the easiest way to contact her, indirectly through this organization):
          Lewa Nairobi office
          Contact Person: Liz Gitau
          Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
          P. O. Box 10607
          00100 Nairobi
          Kenya
          Tel : (+254-20) 607893
          Fax : (+254-20) 607197
          Email : lewa@...
           
          She will be part of the African Indigenous Women: Fall 2005 Speaking Tour:
          This bio mentions that her group is bringing a case against the British military for raping over 1400 Samburu women during the 1980’s and 90’s.
           
          There have been many websites linking to this same Washington Post article (very popular!), but looking for other information, I find:
           
          Girl power (Gary Monro's blog)
          Not sure who Gary Monro is, but I haven't found an original source.
           
          All-Female African Village Still Thriving After 10 Years,
          Feminist Majority Foundation's National Center for Women and Policing:
           
          About IIN:
          Indigenous Information Network (IIN) is based in Kenya, a small, two person NGO started five years ago with minimal support, and they manage to do a whole lot of information dissemination, and have several workshops and other programs.
          Brief description of IIN:
          http://www.madre.org/sister/Kenya.html
           
          More info about programs:
           
          Address:
          Indigenous Information Network (IIN)
          Galexon House, 301A 3rd Floor
          Off Mbagathi Way
          P O Box 74908
          Nairobi, Kenya
          Tel: (+254 © 2) 272 3958 
          Fax: (+254 © 2) 272 9607 
          e©mail: iin@... and Mulenkei@....
           
          This is pretty much all that's on the internet about her. I think this answers your question, although I'm not quite sure.
           
          Have a good day,
          Sharon
          -----Original Message-----
          From: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Goldy George
          Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:36 PM
          To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Interesting Article: A Place Where Women Rule

          Dear Sharon,
          Thanks for putting this news. However I would request you to trac if there is any possibility get across this bold women rule. However it is not clear from the article that these women are white. Search for their contact points.
           
          Regards.
          Goldy

          hk> wrote:
           A Place Where Women Rule
              By Emily Wax
              The Washington Post
           
              Saturday 09 July 2005
          All-female village in Kenya is a sign of burgeoning feminism across Africa.


          Goldy M. George
          Convenor
          Dalit Study Circle,
          Raipur, Chhattisgarh
          ________________________________________________________________________
          Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Goldy George
          Dear Phearith, Black theology is the theological understanding that emerged through the struggles of the Black people across the world for their dignity. This
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 27, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Dear Phearith,
            Black theology is the theological understanding that emerged through the struggles of the Black people across the world for their dignity. This means that the struggle is directly or indirectly related with the struggles against racism, apartheid and xenophobia.
             
            This has a longish history of struggle where people say that God (Jesus) is not a white but black, who stands with them in their struggle for fuller humanity.
             
            Warm regards and justpeace
            Goldy

            nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
            Dear Goldy
             
            Greeting from Cambodia , Thanks for your help me but i just wonder What is mean Black Theology? quite not sure that word  .
             
            Take care
             
            Warm regards ,Phearith

            Goldy George <dalitstudycircle@...> wrote:
            All are fine Nhek
            Goldy

            nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
            Dear Goldy
             
            Thanks for your help , made me clear about Ecumenical so i understood now .What about your family ? i hope they are fine and doing well .
             
            Take care
             
            Warm regards ,Phearith

            Hi Nhek,
            Ecumenical is a christian word which orignates from ecumenism. Ecumenism originally meant for unionisation. Means unionisation or coming together of the Christian world. It is also seen in the context of radical Christian understanding of the bible and the emergence of Liberation theology along with Black theology. Subsequently it gave birth to sub-altern theological understanding in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.

            These days some Christian organisation had gone out of their conventional way and started naming themselves under this banner viz. 'ecumenical'. This is the context in which the entire relevance of such organisation lies to the extent which it related with the contemporary realities of the society.
             
            In recent times it is understood as a more secular word, hence ecumenism is meant as a call to go beyond the borders of church and join hands with the suffering masses. Ecumenical is the process of ecumenism.
             
            I hope that this would more complicate you with further questions!!!
             
            Warmth
            Goldy

            nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
            Hello Goldy

            I have same question could you help me some . they has
            workship talk about social
            issue and i didn't know  more about this word "
            Ecumenical "

            can you explain to me plesae i hope you are understood
            more than me ,

            I hope you are improve too much with your business and
            happiness with your family

            Please  send my regards to your family and all of your
            friend

            take care

            Warm regards ,Phearith



            Goldy M. George
            Convenor
            Dalit Study Circle,
            Raipur, Chhattisgarh
            ________________________________________________________________________
            Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.


            Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
          • max ediger
            Friends: I just returned from travels in Sri Lanka and India. I ll share more with you concerning this visit next week when I have time to sit down and
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 29, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              Friends:  I just returned from travels in Sri Lanka and India.  I'll share more with you concerning this visit next week when I have time to sit down and reflect.
               
              Concerning the info Sharon collected, I'll go over it more carefully, but I agree with Goldy that these are the kinds of people/groups we should be linking up with. 
               
              max

              Goldy George <dalitstudycircle@...> wrote:
              Dear Sharon,
              You are really a great researcher. No doubt! Thanks a lot. I think we should get in touch with that movement as justpeace. What does other members think about this. Please respond..
               
              Regards
              Goldy

              Sharon Schroeder <sharon@...> wrote:
              Hi Goldy,
               
              Rebecca Lolosoli is an Indigenous women’s human rights activist, and founder of the Kenyan Umoja Uaso Women’s Group, a member of the Indigenous Information Network.
               
              Her photo on the Truthout website:
               
              I'm not sure if this is the website for the Women's Group, but it could be (but it's pretty sparse):
               
              Rebecca Lolosoli, one of the village leaders, is on the financial committee for the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy:
              (This might be the easiest way to contact her, indirectly through this organization):
              Lewa Nairobi office
              Contact Person: Liz Gitau
              Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
              P. O. Box 10607
              00100 Nairobi
              Kenya
              Tel : (+254-20) 607893
              Fax : (+254-20) 607197
              Email : lewa@...
               
              She will be part of the African Indigenous Women: Fall 2005 Speaking Tour:
              This bio mentions that her group is bringing a case against the British military for raping over 1400 Samburu women during the 1980’s and 90’s.
               
              There have been many websites linking to this same Washington Post article (very popular!), but looking for other information, I find:
               
              Girl power (Gary Monro's blog)
              Not sure who Gary Monro is, but I haven't found an original source.
               
              All-Female African Village Still Thriving After 10 Years,
              Feminist Majority Foundation's National Center for Women and Policing:
               
              About IIN:
              Indigenous Information Network (IIN) is based in Kenya, a small, two person NGO started five years ago with minimal support, and they manage to do a whole lot of information dissemination, and have several workshops and other programs.
              Brief description of IIN:
              http://www.madre.org/sister/Kenya.html
               
              More info about programs:
               
              Address:
              Indigenous Information Network (IIN)
              Galexon House, 301A 3rd Floor
              Off Mbagathi Way
              P O Box 74908
              Nairobi, Kenya
              Tel: (+254 © 2) 272 3958 
              Fax: (+254 © 2) 272 9607 
              e©mail: iin@... and Mulenkei@....
               
              This is pretty much all that's on the internet about her. I think this answers your question, although I'm not quite sure.
               
              Have a good day,
              Sharon
              -----Original Message-----
              From: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Goldy George
              Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:36 PM
              To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Interesting Article: A Place Where Women Rule

              Dear Sharon,
              Thanks for putting this news. However I would request you to trac if there is any possibility get across this bold women rule. However it is not clear from the article that these women are white. Search for their contact points.
               
              Regards.
              Goldy

              hk> wrote:
               A Place Where Women Rule
                  By Emily Wax
                  The Washington Post
               
                  Saturday 09 July 2005
              All-female village in Kenya is a sign of burgeoning feminism across Africa.


              Goldy M. George
              Convenor
              Dalit Study Circle,
              Raipur, Chhattisgarh
              ________________________________________________________________________
              Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com



              Visit my web page at http://daga.dhs.org/max

              People tend to think of nonviolence as a choice between using force and doing nothing. But the real choice takes place at another level. Nonviolence is less a matter of "not killing" and more a matter of showing compassion, of saving and redeeming, of being a healing community. One can only choose between doing good to the person placed in one's path, or to do him evil. To do good is to love a person; but not to do that is as good as killing him. To love someone is to restore that person physically, socially, and spiritually. To neglect and postpone this restoration is already to kill. Andre Trocme

              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • dalitstudycircle
              i attached the details. Thank you
              Message 6 of 14 , May 9, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                i attached the details.

                Thank you
              • 이재영
                Dear Max and Justpeaceasia Friends Warm greetings from Korea! It has been long time to write you, but I do read your e-mail and news from different parts. Max,
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  
                  Dear Max and Justpeaceasia Friends
                   
                  Warm greetings from Korea!
                  It has been long time to write you, but I do read your e-mail and news from different parts.
                  Max, thank you for your coordination.
                   
                  I wish new year 2009 will bring more peace and justice in Asia and in the world.
                  Peaceful blessings to all of you!
                   
                  Happy new year!!
                   
                  샬롬 (Shalom)
                  이재영 (Jae Young Lee)
                   
                  평화부 담당 간사 (Peace Program Coordinator)
                  한국 아나뱁티스트 센터
                  Korea Anabaptist Center (www.kac.or.kr)
                   
                  부원장 (Vice-President)
                  커넥서스 어학원
                  Connexus Language Institute (www.connexus.co.kr)
                  ________________________________________
                  'Let's Dream Impossible Dreams!'
                  ----- Original Message -----
                  Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:48 AM
                  Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Hello

                  Wishing you a successful New Year in 2009.  I hear the situation in Nepal is a abit uncertain now.  I do hope all sides can come together in agreement so the people of Nepal can continue to experience a more peaceful time.
                   
                  I am in Hanoi where it is quite cold right now.  We will soon be working on plans for the next year's activities.  I do think we will again have a very busy and exciting year.
                   
                  peace......max

                   
                  On 12/27/08, Arjun Chalise <nashk_ac@yahoo. com> wrote:

                  Hello Max, how ru & from where right now, thx for ur mail. I will send the answer when finished. Whats the new news and program for u & ur organization.
                   
                  Regards
                  Arjun
                  Nepal


                  New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
                  Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
                  Hurry before someone else does!




                  --
                  "3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions." (T-shirt in Colombo, Sri Lanka)

                  "War perpetuates itself without conscious effort because revenge and recrimination wage themselves. Waging peace, on the other hand, demands deliberate, consensual and coordinated human effort."  Anu Pahari - Nepal

                • amrit_manandhar2001
                  ... Warm Greetings to you all from Nepal! This new year is special for me because I joined the justpeace in Asia with such a nice people there. To accomplish
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 13, 2009
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com, 이재영 <kojay99@...> wrote:
                    >Dear All,

                    Warm Greetings to you all from Nepal!

                    This new year is special for me because I joined the justpeace in
                    Asia with such a nice people there.

                    To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream,
                    not only plan but also believe,
                    so this year start thinking this way:
                    New Year is the perfect time to pause,
                    look around and appreciate the beatiful surprises that life holds in
                    its store,
                    for it is important in life to take a break,
                    appreciate beauty ...
                    Wishing you all happy and prosperous NEW YEAR - 2009.

                    Amrit R Manandhar

                    > Dear Max and Justpeaceasia Friends
                    >
                    > Warm gr
                    > It has been long time to write you, but I do read your e-mail and
                    news from different parts.
                    > Max, thank you for your coordination.
                    >
                    > I wish new year 2009 will bring more peace and justice in Asia and
                    in the world.
                    > Peaceful blessings to all of you!
                    >
                    > Happy new year!!
                    >
                    > 샬롬 (Shalom)
                    > 이재영 (Jae Young Lee)
                    >
                    > 평í™"부 담당 간사 (Peace Program Coordinator)
                    > 한국 아나뱁티스트 센터
                    > Korea Anabaptist Center (www.kac.or.kr)
                    >
                    > 부원장 (Vice-President)
                    > 커넥서스 어학원
                    > Connexus Language Institute (www.connexus.co.kr)
                    > ________________________________________
                    > 'Let's Dream Impossible Dreams!'
                    > ----- Original Message -----
                    > From: Max Ediger
                    > To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
                    > Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:48 AM
                    > Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Hello
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Wishing you a successful New Year in 2009. I hear the situation
                    in Nepal is a abit uncertain now. I do hope all sides can come
                    together in agreement so the people of Nepal can continue to
                    experience a more peaceful time.
                    >
                    > I am in Hanoi where it is quite cold right now. We will soon be
                    working on plans for the next year's activities. I do think we will
                    again have a very busy and exciting year.
                    >
                    > peace......max
                    >
                    >
                    > On 12/27/08, Arjun Chalise <nashk_ac@...> wrote:
                    > Hello Max, how ru & from where right now, thx for ur
                    mail. I will send the answer when finished. Whats the new news and
                    program for u & ur organization.
                    >
                    > Regards
                    > Arjun
                    > Nepal
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    --------
                    > New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
                    > Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and
                    @rocketmail.
                    > Hurry before someone else does!
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > --
                    > "3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions." (T-shirt in
                    Colombo, Sri Lanka)
                    >
                    > "War perpetuates itself without conscious effort because revenge
                    and recrimination wage themselves. Waging peace, on the other hand,
                    demands deliberate, consensual and coordinated human effort." Anu
                    Pahari - Nepal
                    >
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.