Hello

  • nhek sophearith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 21, 2005
      Hello Goldy

      I have same question could you help me some . they has
      workship talk about social
      issue and i didn't know more about this word "
      Ecumenical "

      can you explain to me plesae i hope you are understood
      more than me ,

      I hope you are improve too much with your business and
      happiness with your family

      Please send my regards to your family and all of your
      friend

      take care

      Warm regards ,Phearith

      === message truncated ===

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
        Hi Nhek,
        Ecumenical is a christian word which orignates from ecumenism. Ecumenism originally meant for unionisation. Means unionisation or coming together of the Christian world. It is also seen in the context of radical Christian understanding of the bible and the emergence of Liberation theology along with Black theology. Subsequently it gave birth to sub-altern theological understanding in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.

        These days some Christian organisation had gone out of their conventional way and started naming themselves under this banner viz. 'ecumenical'. This is the context in which the entire relevance of such organisation lies to the extent which it related with the contemporary realities of the society.

        In recent times it is understood as a more secular word, hence ecumenism is meant as a call to go beyond the borders of church and join hands with the suffering masses. Ecumenical is the process of ecumenism.

        I hope that this would more complicate you with further questions!!!

        Warmth
        Goldy

        nhek sophearith <nhek_sophearith@...> wrote:
> [...]

        > it."

        >     When she came back to Kenya, armed with ideas
        > and empowerment training workbooks, she stood her
        > ground even when some of the men filed a court case
        > against her, seeking to shut down the village.

        >     "I would just ignore the men when they threw
        > stones at me and ask, 'Are you okay? Are your
        > children okay? Are your cows okay?' " she said. Her
        > tactic and calm reaction was disarming, she
        > recalled. "After everything, they weren't going to
        > stop us."

        >     Lolosoli is still battling her brother over his
        > attempt to marry the 13-year-old.

        >     But lately, the residents of the men's village
        > have been admitting defeat. They are no longer
        > trying to attract tourists. Some have moved
        > elsewhere. Others have had trouble getting married
        > because some women in the area are taking Lolosoli's
        === message truncated ===

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

        Goldy M. George
        Convenor
        Dalit Study Circle,
        Raipur, Chhattisgarh
        Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

      • nhek sophearith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
          Dear Goldy

          Thanks for your help , made me clear about Ecumenical so i understood now .What about your family ? i hope they are fine and doing well .

          Take care

          Warm regards ,Phearith

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 24, 2005
            All are fine Nhek
> [...]

            Convenor
            Dalit Study Circle,
            Raipur, Chhattisgarh
            Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

          • Sharon Schroeder
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 25, 2005
              Message
              Hi Goldy,

              Rebecca Lolosoli is an Indigenous women’s human rights activist, and founder of the Kenyan Umoja Uaso Women’s Group, a member of the Indigenous Information Network.

              Her photo on the Truthout website:

              I'm not sure if this is the website for the Women's Group, but it could be (but it's pretty sparse):

              Rebecca Lolosoli, one of the village leaders, is on the financial committee for the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy:
              (This might be the easiest way to contact her, indirectly through this organization):
              Lewa Nairobi office
              Contact Person: Liz Gitau
              Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
              P. O. Box 10607
              00100 Nairobi
              Kenya
              Tel : (+254-20) 607893
              Fax : (+254-20) 607197
              Email : lewa@...

              She will be part of the African Indigenous Women: Fall 2005 Speaking Tour:
              This bio mentions that her group is bringing a case against the British military for raping over 1400 Samburu women during the 1980’s and 90’s.

              There have been many websites linking to this same Washington Post article (very popular!), but looking for other information, I find:

              Girl power (Gary Monro's blog)
              Not sure who Gary Monro is, but I haven't found an original source.

              All-Female African Village Still Thriving After 10 Years,
              Feminist Majority Foundation's National Center for Women and Policing:

              About IIN:
              Indigenous Information Network (IIN) is based in Kenya, a small, two person NGO started five years ago with minimal support, and they manage to do a whole lot of information dissemination, and have several workshops and other programs.
              Brief description of IIN:
              http://www.madre.org/sister/Kenya.html

              More info about programs:

              Address:
              Indigenous Information Network (IIN)
              Galexon House, 301A 3rd Floor
              Off Mbagathi Way
              P O Box 74908
              Nairobi, Kenya
              Tel: (+254 © 2) 272 3958
              Fax: (+254 © 2) 272 9607
              e©mail: iin@... and Mulenkei@....

              This is pretty much all that's on the internet about her. I think this answers your question, although I'm not quite sure.

              Have a good day,

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 25, 2005
                Dear Goldy

                Greeting from Cambodia , Thanks for your help me but i just wonder What is mean Black Theology? quite not sure that word  .

                Take care

                Warm regards ,Phearith

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 27, 2005
                    Dear Phearith,
                    Black theology is the theological understanding that emerged through the struggles of the Black people across the world for their dignity. This means that the struggle is directly or indirectly related with the struggles against racism, apartheid and xenophobia.

                    This has a longish history of struggle where people say that God (Jesus) is not a white but black, who stands with them in their struggle for fuller humanity.

                    Warm regards and justpeace

                      hk> wrote:
                       A Place Where Women Rule
                          By Emily Wax
                          The Washington Post

                          Saturday 09 July 2005
                      All-female village in Kenya is a sign of burgeoning feminism across Africa.

                      Goldy M. George
                      Convenor
                      Dalit Study Circle,
                      Raipur, Chhattisgarh
                      Creation of a casteless and peaceful society is indeed the first step towards just, egalitarian, and harmonious society. A society of equals, neither unequal nor more-equals, beyond the strings of caste, class, gender, race, etc. Otherwise it would lead to social oppression, political exploitation, economic deprivation, cultural domination, gender discrimination, class isolation, deliberate exclusion. Lets’ believe in a society beyond this.

                      People tend to think of nonviolence as a choice between using force and doing nothing. But the real choice takes place at another level. Nonviolence is less a matter of "not killing" and more a matter of showing compassion, of saving and redeeming, of being a healing community. One can only choose between doing good to the person placed in one's path, or to do him evil. To do good is to love a person; but not to do that is as good as killing him. To love someone is to restore that person physically, socially, and spiritually. To neglect and postpone this restoration is already to kill. Andre Trocme

                    • dalitstudycircle
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 9 11:41 AM
                        i attached the details.

                        Thank you
                      • 이재영
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008

                          Dear Max and Justpeaceasia Friends

                          Warm greetings from Korea!
                          It has been long time to write you, but I do read your e-mail and news from different parts.
                          Max, thank you for your coordination.

                          I wish new year 2009 will bring more peace and justice in Asia and in the world.
                          Peaceful blessings to all of you!

                          Happy new year!!

                          샬롬 (Shalom)
                          이재영 (Jae Young Lee)

                          평화부 담당 간사 (Peace Program Coordinator)
                          한국 아나뱁티스트 센터
                          Korea Anabaptist Center (www.kac.or.kr)

                          부원장 (Vice-President)
                          커넥서스 어학원
                          Connexus Language Institute (www.connexus.co.kr)
                          'Let's Dream Impossible Dreams!'
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 13, 2009
                            --- In justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com, 이재영 <kojay99@...> wrote:
                            >Dear All,

                            Warm Greetings to you all from Nepal!

                            This new year is special for me because I joined the justpeace in
                            Asia with such a nice people there.

                            To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream,
                            not only plan but also believe,
                            so this year start thinking this way:
                            New Year is the perfect time to pause,
                            look around and appreciate the beatiful surprises that life holds in
                            its store,
                            for it is important in life to take a break,
                            appreciate beauty ...
                            Wishing you all happy and prosperous NEW YEAR - 2009.

                            Amrit R Manandhar