      From: bibek shahi <bibek_shahi2000@...>
      Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] CJPA WORKING COMMITTEE
      To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 19 May, 2009, 7:22 AM

      Dear friends,
      Greeting from Nepal . I am very interested to be a member of CJPA in Asia .
      If i am not work welly to be a member you can raise the question and can give me the feed back .

      Dear max,
      I am also interested in that post of CJPA . I already said to you in Nepal . I assure that i can do that responbility .

      bibek

      From: Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com>
      Subject: [justpeaceinasia] CJPA WORKING COMMITTEE
      To: "cjpa" <justpeaceinasia@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 12:49 AM

      Friends:

      At our last CJPA workshop in Nepal some decisions were made about the on-going activities of CJPA.  I am sorry I haven't taken any action on this yet.  However, now it is time to do so.

      One very important recommendation of the workshop was that a permanent CJPA committee should be established.  The committee would have 5 members.  Each member would serve for five years but initially a system would be set up where one committee member would be changed each year.  Those would mean that each year one committee member would leave and a new committee member join.  This would give the committee both stability and constant change.  Also, the committee members should all come from different countries so we have as broad participation as possible.

      The responsibilities of the committee would be to coordinate CJPA activities, do planning, disseminate information and elegate tasks.  They would also help with fund raising.

      Several people have indicated interest in being a member of this committee.  Now I would like your help in identifying the remainder.

      1.  Jahan Ara from India is willing to be one of the members.

      2.  Several people from Nepal also expressed interest.  I urge all friends in Nepal to discuss together and select one person to represent Nepal on the committee.

      3.  We need three more members.  I hope we will get volunteers from other countries.  Please discuss with your national colleagues and suggest one name for a committee member.

      Once the committee is established, I will discuss with them how we might work together to help move the work of CJPA forward.

      "But what will the lessons from the war in Viet Nam be?"
      "They will be whatever makes us think well of ourselves.  So that our sleep will be untroubled." - Ward Just in "The American Blues"

      New Email names for you!
      Hurry before someone else does!
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic