49Burma info

    Oct 27, 2004
      Friends:
      I have just uploaded a rather long article to the files section of
      our group. As you may know, one of the military leaders in Burma
      was removed from his position in the military junta. Khin Nyunt was
      considered one of the more open-minded members of the junta even
      though he was in charge of intelligence and used his power without
      regard to justice. His removal has brought the military hardliners
      into complete control and this may have very serious reprecussions
      for our friends in the various ethnic organizations. It is
      important for us to keep a close eye on developments there. I will
      try to keep you informed as the situation evolves.
      max