320Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

  • centerforjustpeace in mindanao
    Jun 21, 2007
      Dear Yam, Praise be to God! Its great! I hope and pray that our government will have this kind of approach for the marginalize sectors of socviety. Congratulations!  BOBBY BENITO

      Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> wrote:
      Dear Yam:  Thanks for sharing the good news.  We really need to hear good news as it lifts our spirits and gives us more energy.  I look forward to any updates about this move toward a more participatory democracy.

      On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Dear friends
      Greetings from Nepal !

      I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

      Yam Kisan
      Nepal

      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

      When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister? "  (ECAPC)

      Visit the following websites:
      daga.n3.net/ justpeace
      daga.n3.net/ icp
      daga.n3.net/ max