318Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

    Jun 20, 2007
      Dear Yam:  Thanks for sharing the good news.  We really need to hear good news as it lifts our spirits and gives us more energy.  I look forward to any updates about this move toward a more participatory democracy.

      On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@...> wrote:

      Dear friends
      Greetings from Nepal !

      I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

      Yam Kisan

      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
      Email : ybkisan@...

      When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister?"  (ECAPC)

      Visit the following websites:
      daga.n3.net/justpeace
      daga.n3.net/icp
      daga.n3.net/max