147Re: [justpeaceinasia] peace curriculum

  • borey nget
    Sep 24, 2005
      DEAR MAX

      how are your and your working now? i am sure that you are ok and verything is going well now.
      i am so sorry that i have never replied and conact with you for very long times because :

      First i was so busy with my study research in order to graduade, i have read your messages but i could not reply.

      Secondly, even now i have graduated fof last two month, i still do not reply to you because i am now in Bangarlor, India, for trainning program, SCHOOL ECUMENICAIL LEADERSHIP FORMATION for 3 weeks. And the other reason is i did not  understand on some of your topics because i did not involve during my study reseachs. i am so sorry.

      good luck for you, BEST REGARD BOREY
      max ediger <maxediger@...> wrote:

      As I wrote earlier, CJPA, together with the Interfaith Cooperation Forum (ICF) will organize a workshop with the goal of developing materials which can be used to introduce justpeace concepts and activities into schools in the region.  I am attaching the concept paper for this workshop which will be held in Hyderabad India the last week of November.

      Due to a small budget, we will only be inviting a small group of people with experience working with curriculum in the school systems.  We need their experience to help us design materials that will both be acceptable to the schools and also appropriate to different age groups from kindergarten to highschool.

      I will keep you informed as the plans develop.

      Violence as a way of achieving justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends by defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. (Martin Luther King)

      Yahoo! for Good

      Yahoo! for Good