Re: [just-a-minute] Another one bites the dust...

  • nylon
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26, 2013
      Auntie is getting her Serious Discussion Boots on, by the sound of it.

      On 27 June 2013 07:20, Don Judge <don@...> wrote:
      --

      Mark
      mark at nylon dot net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 28, 2013
        Try this: http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer

        not as straight-forward as radiodownloader, but it works with Windows and has a pretty nice web UI. Plus it does TV.

        --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, don@... wrote:

        > Maybe not quite yet, just because the program website has been taken down it doesn't mean existing RD installs will stop working just yet, depends when the BBC implements the DRM.
        >

        > Sent from my Spectrum ZX81
        >
        > Mark Hush <mah67892000@...> wrote:
        >
        > >This is bad news, I'll have to go back to the old way of recording on
        > >the tv setup box and ripping the sound, which is a pain.
        > >

        > >Mark
        > >
        > >On 26/06/2013 22:20, Don Judge wrote:
        > >> http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/?newsid=75
        > >> <http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/?newsid=75&filtertag=8>
        > >>
        > >> Oh cr@p!!
        > >> DJ

      • charles_rooke
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 29, 2013
          Or this: http://www.wftpd.com/ifetch.html . I think it's Windows GUI appeals to me more than that of get_iPlayer. Unlike RD, no forward programming and no daily downlaoding while on holiday; but as far as I can see the get_iPlayer PVR Windows GUI has the same deficiencies.

          Charlie

          --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "mat.oliver222" <mat.oliver222@...> wrote:

          > Try this: http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer
          >
          > not as straight-forward as radiodownloader, but it works with Windows and has a pretty nice web UI. Plus it does TV.

        • Don Judge
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 29, 2013
            What is a PVR but a recorder that is capable of both forward and series programming like Tivo and Sky+ etc

            Instructions for using get_iplayer to do this via the command line can be found at:
            http://linuxcentre.net/dont-want-to-miss-that-programme-on-iplayer-over-christmas

            get_iplayer Windows GUI has two tabs called 'PVR List' and 'Run PVR' so I'd expect it to be done via the GUI as well

            --
            Cheers

            Don   __o
                  \<,
            .....O/ O

            Or this: http://www.wftpd.com/ifetch.html . I think it's Windows GUI appeals to me more than that of get_iPlayer. Unlike RD, no forward programming and no daily downlaoding while on holiday; but as far as I can see the get_iPlayer PVR Windows GUI has the same deficiencies.

            Charlie

            --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "mat.oliver222" <mat.oliver222@...> wrote:

            > Try this: http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer
            >
            > not as straight-forward as radiodownloader, but it works with Windows and has a pretty nice web UI. Plus it does TV.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                just-a-minute-digest@yahoogroups.com
                just-a-minute-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Tony Baechler
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 30, 2013
              That site is no longer current. The program is still in development, but
              not there. Also, it's entirely command line driven, so no fancy point and
              click interface.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 30, 2013
                The program is still in development, but not there.
                Did you read that page?
                Near the top of that page it says

                However it is still fully maintained by others here.

                'Here' is a link to the new development site.
                Scroll down to the 'Download section'...

                > Also, it's entirely command line driven

                Untrue - when you install get_iplayer on Windows go to

                  Start button > All programs > get_iplayer > Web PVR manager

                That starts up the 'point-and-click' (GUI) interface in your browser

                --
                Cheers

                Don   __o
                      \<,
                .....O/ O

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
                  Thanks Don. After posting here I discovered for myself that I was wrong in what I said about the get_iPlayer PVR GUI. I've since had a play with it and yesterday it was performing automatic (ie. unattended) refreshes and download runs in the way I'd like. Unfortunately it errored out sometime during the night and I had to quit get_iPlayer completely this morning and restart it in order to set it going again. I shall continue experimenting in case this was a one off. If I can't get the GUI PVR to work reliably then I'll have a go with the CLI, but it doesn't come naturally to me. At least I still have my Freeview PVRs.

                  Charlie