Re: JAM-1970-12-01@076(S05E13)=My_Cooker-v2.mp3

  • charles_rooke
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2012
      Mark - Having listened to your file I don't think it was "audio cuts" your capture suffered from but rather internet connection dropouts. My capture, which you can download from http://www.sendspace.com/file/rq253f , runs for the full 26m50s rather than the 26m41s of your patched file - and is in ABC quality throughout.

      Charlie
    • Don Judge
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2012
        Make sure you click the correct Download button in that Sendspace page - grrrrrrr!!
        The small mp3 download button is 'conveniently' located at the bottom.
        Click the wrong one like I did and you end with some MyStart cr@p in your browser - now trying to get rid of it

        Damn Damn Damn!!!!!!

        --
        Cheers

        Don   __o
              \<,
        .....O/ O

        Mark  - Having listened to your file I don't think it was "audio cuts" your capture suffered from but rather internet connection dropouts. My capture, which you can download from http://www.sendspace.com/file/rq253f , runs for the full 26m50s rather than the 26m41s of your patched file - and is in ABC quality throughout.

        Charlie

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            just-a-minute-digest@yahoogroups.com
            just-a-minute-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • charles_rooke
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2012
          Hi Don - Sorry about that. But I dson't think that sort of c**p is peculiar to SendSpace - I think the other "free account" file sharing sites all suffer fron the same problem. Presumably that's why they're free! Hope you manage to clear the junk ok.

          Regards
          Charlie

          --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Don Judge <don@...> wrote:

          > Make sure you click the correct Download button in that Sendspace page - grrrrrrr!!
          > The small mp3 download button is 'conveniently' located at the bottom.
          > Click the wrong one like I did and you end with some MyStart cr@p in your browser - now trying to get rid of it
          >
          > Damn Damn Damn!!!!!!
          >
          > --
          > Cheers
          >
          > Don   __o
          >       \<,
          > .....O/ O
          >

          > >________________________________

        • Don Judge
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2012
            You're correct Charlie, we see that more and more on these free web services.  :( sad
            The button you want is the smallest one on the page.
            It's almost obscured by adverts and tricks to get you to click the 'wrong' button to get their click-count up.

            Got it sorted thanks to Google.  :) happy

            I'm sure Sir Tim Berners-Lee must be horrified sometimes at what's happened to his beloved WWW.

            --
            Cheers

            Don   __o
                  \<,
            .....O/ O

            Hi Don - Sorry about that. But I dson't think that sort of c**p is peculiar to SendSpace - I think the other "free account" file sharing sites all suffer fron the same problem. Presumably that's why they're free! Hope you manage to clear the junk ok.

            Regards
            Charlie

          • nylon net
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2012
              Hi Charlie. I got the same mangled version with gaps in the same places at home and on my work computer - with different ISPs.  I'm glad you got a clean copy, however!

              Mark

              Try IM ToolPack Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com
              Capture screenshots, upload images, edit and send them to your friends
              through IMs, post on Twitter®, Facebook®, MySpace, LinkedIn® – FAST!
            • charles_rooke
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2012
                That's interesting Mark. Perhaps there was a problem with one of the streams? I grab the mp3 stream (which is 96kbps 44kHz stereo) and don't do any re-encoding (just top and tail it). Do you by any chance take one of the AAC streams instead?

                Charlie
              • nylon net
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2012
                  I record the actual audio from the online station (http://www.abc.net.au/rn/legacy/player.htm) using i-Sound - with that I can record whatever I can hear.

                  What do you use to grab streams?  Radiodownloader?

                  Cheers
                  Mark

                  Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com
                • charles_rooke
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2012
                    Mark - AFAIK, RadioDownloader only works for BBC iPlayer content. I use a programme called Net Transport to grab the ABC RN mp3 stream daily at 5am Aus time and to grab My Word/My Music aac or mp3 streams from half a dozen US NPR stations at various times throughout the week. It has the big advantage (to me) over other downloaders I tried that you can set-and-forget multiple sources each with its own download schedule (rather like a PVR). Years ago it was freeware, nowadays its US$30. I'm still using an old freeware version (1.87.258) from circa 2004 so the latest version (2.96c.620) probably has more rinky-dinks and might be easier to set up (I had to go to some trouble to find the underlying urls of some of the streams I wanted to capture in order to programme Net Transport - for all I know that process may be automated in more recent versions).

                    Regards
                    Charlie