Re: Have I got News for you - William Shatner Captain Kirk

  • mathew
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
      Pauls contribution has increased in the last series or two, before that for 3 or 4 series his contributions were few and interest at times non-existant.
      The choice of guest host and panel do influence Pauls contribution, he enjoys himself more when Reginald D Hunter is on.
      He certainly seems to enjoy JAM more but even with that there have been couple of series when he wasnt as involved as much.

      --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "Dean" <dbedford@...> wrote:

      > I thought it was a terrific show. Shatner is hard to read but I suspect he both enjoys and dislikes his Star Trek notoriety and I thought at times he was subtly sending himself up.
      >
      > I do feel HIGNFY has lost its way and I reckon the one who seems to have lost interest is Paul. He seems to sit there a lot of the time saying little when he is the best thing on that show when on form. He seems far more engaged on Just A Minute, and I think he likes JAM a lot more.

    • Dave B
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
        I just watched this again and its even better second time around (though there has been some re-editing of the longer edition). Mr Shatner (wow he's 81) has actually written Star Trek Novels in which he survives the demise in his last movie - not canon, described as the Shatnerverse. Not that I have seen all the movies etc. Paul Merton takes us into numerous parallel surrealities every series - the Mertonverse.

        Dave