Re: [just-a-minute] Re: The News Quiz/Extra

  • Dean
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 6, 2011
      I’m wondering if the Steve from Oxford posting there is a poster here!

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 6, 2011

        Dean, if you were thinking of me, I’m sorry to disappoint but I would be Steve from Oxfordshire, not Oxford.

        I’ve never thought that JAM has sailed “pretty close to the wind”, even when Sue Perkins left our Nic speechless last week, after telling the world that she had a ruder example of a rhyme for orange than Paul Merton’s suggestion. Nic’s reaction, after the penny dropped, was a moment to savour.

        To: just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com
        From: dbedford@...
        Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:37:32 +1200
        Subject: Re: [just-a-minute] Re: The News Quiz/Extra

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 6, 2011
          ah my apologies Smile

          Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:07 AM

          To: just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com
          From: dbedford@...
          Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:37:32 +1200

          I’m wondering if the Steve from Oxford posting there is a poster here!

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 6, 2011
            Thanks for the link LC.. why do I always feel dirty once I have read
            anything on that site. I don't particularly like the word referred to, but I
            though Sandy was on top form Friday with the quip. I certainly didn't take
            offense and I would defiantly NOT vow to never listen again. Oh well the
            righteous and all their kind still have a place to spout, just as long as we
            know where they are we can avoid them.

            Paul

            --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paul_hurwood@...> wrote:

            > Afternoon All
            >
            > This week is the last week of the regular series and the penultimate
            > episode
            > of Extra.
            >
            > I have uploaded this weeks to this folder
            > http://www.mediafire.com/?in27j8hkj7edm
            > and will upload the last extra next week.
            >
            > Enjoy!!!
            >
            > Paul
            >
            > --
            > Madness takes it's toll... Please have exact change

          • kj.naughton
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
              --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kenrick <steve.kenrick@...> wrote:

              > I've never thought that JAM has sailed "pretty close to the wind",
              > even when Sue Perkins left our Nic speechless last week, after
              > telling the world that she had a ruder example of a rhyme for
              > orange than Paul Merton's suggestion. Nic's reaction, after the
              > penny dropped, was a moment to savour.

              Nic is obviously a more worldly wise man than I am because the penny still hasn't dropped over here...

              Any clues?

              Cheers

              kJ
            • nylon net
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                Is "squorange" obscene in any part of the empire, perhaps?

                Mark

                > I've never thought that JAM has sailed "pretty close to the wind",
                > even when Sue Perkins left our Nic speechless last week, after
                > telling the world that she had a ruder example of a rhyme for
                > orange than Paul Merton's suggestion. Nic's reaction, after the
                > penny dropped, was a moment to savour.

                Nic is obviously a more worldly wise man than I am because the penny still hasn't dropped over here...

                Any clues?

                Cheers

                kJ

                3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver Preview
                Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver
                Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium
              • Steve Kenrick
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                  Oh dear kJ, what a quandary I find myself in.

                  Well, the first syllable of orange could rhyme with sore. and using my extensive knowledge of the slang dictionary, the second syllable would rhyme with binge, but that wouldn't make sense or be rude, so it must be another word.

                  If you still don't know, tell me and I'll drop you a pm.

                  Hope that helps,

                  Steve

                  To: just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com
                  From: kj.naughton@...
                  Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:36:37 +0000

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                    No apologies required, my friend.

                    Hope you're keeping well.

                    To: just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com
                    From: dbedford@...
                    Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:49:28 +1200

                    ah my apologies Smile

                    Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:07 AM

                    To: just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com
                    From: dbedford@...
                    Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:37:32 +1200

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                      --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kenrick <steve.kenrick@...> wrote:

                      > Oh dear kJ, what a quandary I find myself in.
                      >
                      > Well, the first syllable of orange could rhyme with sore. and using my extensive knowledge of the slang dictionary, the second syllable would rhyme with binge, but that wouldn't make sense or be rude, so it must be another word.

                      Hi Steve,

                      I think I've got it now. TVM for your tact. And, in a stunning double entendre, I think the letters "s" and "m" are involved in the syllables as well?

                      Interestingly, it was Stephen who claimed that nothing rhymed with orange despite saying the exact opposite on an episode of "QI" - he claimed that "Blorenge" did.

                      Cheers

                      kJ
                    • Don Judge
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                        Oh come on, you can't keep us dangling on string like this.
                        Spill the beans, please....
                        Or a better clue anyways

                        --
                        Cheers

                        Don __o
                              -\<,
                        ..... O/ O

                        > Oh dear kJ, what a quandary I find myself in.
                        >
                        > Well, the first syllable of orange could rhyme with sore. and using my extensive knowledge of the slang dictionary, the second syllable would rhyme with binge, but that wouldn't make sense or be rude, so it must be another word.

                        Hi Steve,

                        I think I've got it now. TVM for your tact. And, in a stunning double entendre, I think the letters "s" and "m" are involved in the syllables as well?

                        Interestingly, it was Stephen who claimed that nothing rhymed with orange despite saying the exact opposite on an episode of "QI" - he claimed that "Blorenge" did.

                        Cheers

                        kJ

                      • Dave B
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                          Don,

                          If you are cyclist you must know the answer....

                          Dave

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                            Googling for the previous suggestion 'squorange' just reveals loads of links to the sqorange website
                            Yes, it does exist
                            <sigh!>

                            --
                            Cheers

                            Don __o
                                  -\<,
                            ..... O/ O

                            From: kj.naughton@...
                            Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:36:37 +0000

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 7, 2011
                              8-&gt; day dreaming  Kerching!  :) happy

                              Thank you PD
                              --
                              Cheers

                              Don __o
                                    -\<,
                              ..... O/ O

                              If you are cyclist you must know the answer....

                              Dave

                              > Oh dear kJ, what a quandary I find myself in.
                              >
                              > Well, the first syllable of orange could rhyme with sore. and using my extensive knowledge of the slang dictionary, the second syllable would rhyme with binge, but that wouldn't make sense or be rude, so it must be another word.

                              Hi Steve,

                              I think I've got it now. TVM for your tact. And, in a stunning double entendre, I think the letters "s" and "m" are involved in the syllables as well?

                              Interestingly, it was Stephen who claimed that nothing rhymed with orange despite saying the exact opposite on an episode of "QI" - he claimed that "Blorenge" did.

                              Cheers

                              kJ

                            • Paul
                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 11, 2011
                                Hello All,

                                It seems that the BBC has been playing around with schedules and making me
                                very dizzy.

                                They have now decided to air the The News Quiz Extra the Monday following
                                the Friday broadcast. I dropped the ball a little and not paying that much
                                attention to things. I have now managed to get caught up and I have uploaded
                                the shows up to date.

                                Hopefully things will start to get a little easier now I know what the game
                                is.

                                Anyway you can catch up here - http://www.mediafire.com/?d1cra5tk5f1jb

                                Sorry for the lapse.

                                All The Best

                                Paul

                                --
                                Madness takes its toll... Please have exact change
                              • mathew
                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 11, 2011
                                  Thanks Paul.

                                  Due to the moving about in the schedules i coulndt even find the extended episode 4 and thought it hadnt been broadcast at all so very grateful.

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 13, 2012
                                    Evening all,

                                    With the new series of The News Quiz starting this past week I was wondering
                                    if anyone wanted that uploading?

                                    I have both the regular version and the Radio 4Extra extended version
                                    already downloaded just waiting to be edited?

                                    Anyone?

                                    All The Best

                                    Paul
                                    --

                                    Don't Worry, Don't be afraid, EVER, Because... It's Just A Ride
                                  • James R Curry
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 13, 2012
                                      I wouldn't say no to The News Quiz, but really I'm just being lazy when I could get it elsewhere...

                                      On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Paul <groups@...> wrote:
                                      Evening all,

                                      With the new series of The News Quiz starting this past week I was wondering
                                      if anyone wanted that uploading?

                                      I have both the regular version and the Radio 4Extra extended version
                                      already downloaded just waiting to be edited?

                                      Anyone?

                                      All The Best

                                      Paul
                                      --

                                      Don't Worry, Don't be afraid, EVER, Because... It's Just A Ride

                                      <*> Your email settings:
                                          Individual Email | Traditional

                                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                                      <*> To change settings via email:
                                          just-a-minute-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                          just-a-minute-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                      --
                                      James R Curry
                                    • Paul
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 13, 2012
                                        Here are links to both versions of this past weeks News Quiz.

                                        http://www.mediafire.com/?s3rf8hw97n6zj

                                        Enjoy!!!

                                        Paul
                                      • delmelza
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 13, 2012
                                          Thanks Paul!

                                          --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <groups@...> wrote:

                                          > Here are links to both versions of this past weeks News Quiz.
                                          >
                                          > http://www.mediafire.com/?s3rf8hw97n6zj
                                          >
                                          > Enjoy!!!
                                          >
                                          > Paul

                                        • Don Judge
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 13, 2012
                                            What he said...

                                            Saying that, the elsewhere places are getting fewer and fewer these days <sigh!>

                                            Thanks for your efforts Paul, much appreciated

                                            --
                                            Cheers

                                            Don   __o
                                                  \<,