Re: [just-a-minute] 28-02-2011 Tonights Episode of JAM

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2011
      I wonder how many of us plug JAM into our ears each night before falling asleep.........

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2011
        Thank, Paul, for this and the last three! I'm a bit behind. :)

        --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paul_hurwood@...> wrote:

        > Here is the folder with tonight's episode in it. It's the first show with
        > Sir Terry Wogan. I haven't listened to it yet so I can't give an opinion on
        > how he did, but I'll get around to it either tonight or tomorrow.
        >
        > http://www.mediafire.com/?dzn8j7vxtlc0f
        >
        > Enjoy!!!
        >
        > Paul
        > --
        >
        > Madness takes it's toll... Please have exact change.

      • delmelza
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2011
          I do quite often-it's not because of boredom but I think it relaxes me
          -the familar voices( I listen to the older ones to sleep to)
          new ones I listen to at work or on the bus- last night at work once again I could not contain my laughter while listening to the current season-my coworkers just roll their eyes LOL

          It's not too loud although the whistle can be shrill at times.
          Earlier this week it took me 3 times to get through a recent News Quiz. Miriam

          --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Dave B <pondydave@...> wrote:

          > I wonder how many of us plug JAM into our ears each night before falling
          > asleep.........
          >

          > ________________________________

        • nylon net
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2011
             I tried it once, but it stained the pillowcase and attracted flies.

            <rimshot>
            Thanks, ladies and gentlemen.  I'm here all week.  Please try the veal!

            Mark
            nylon@...

            I wonder how many of us plug JAM into our ears each night before falling asleep.........

            I want to be the one who get to say thanks this time. It's such a luxury
            to have someone like you around. Know that your 100% trustworthy source
            of fresh JAM is highly appreciated!

            Den 28. feb. 2011 23:01, skrev Paul:
            > Here is the folder with tonight's episode in it. It's the first show with
            > Sir Terry Wogan. I haven't listened to it yet so I can't give an opinion
            > on
            > how he did, but I'll get around to it either tonight or tomorrow.
            >
            > http://www.mediafire.com/?dzn8j7vxtlc0f
            >
            > Enjoy!!!
            >
            > Paul
            > --
            >
            > Madness takes it's toll... Please have exact change.

            Try IM ToolPack Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
            Try IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com for FREE
          • Pauline
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2011
              Thanks so much for the downloads Paul, I really appreciate them

              I wonder how many of us plug JAM into our ears each night before falling asleep.........

              I listen to JAM every night to fall asleep, and if I wake during the night, I put it on to help me back to sleep quickly.   Listening to the show, again usually, doesn't take enough of my attention to keep me awake, but is relaxing and stops me thinking about day to day matters that may keep me awake.  I have an association with bed, JAM and sleep.  :)

                                Pauline in Sydney

            • delmelza
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 2, 2011
                maybe the BBC should make a "JAM at Bedtime" series :)

                --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Pauline <pauline.heather@...> wrote:

                > Thanks so much for the downloads Paul, I really appreciate them
                >

                > >I wonder how many of us plug JAM into our ears each night before falling
                > >asleep.........
                >
                > I listen to JAM every night to fall asleep, and if I wake during the night,
                > I put it on to help me back to sleep quickly. Listening to the show,
                > again usually, doesn't take enough of my attention to keep me awake, but is
                > relaxing and stops me thinking about day to day matters that may keep me
                > awake. I have an association with bed, JAM and sleep. :)
                >
                > Pauline in Sydney

              • kj.naughton
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 3, 2011
                  Hi all,

                  I hear that Radio 7 is going to ahve have a re-vamp to become "Radio 4 Extra". So you never know...

                  Cheers

                  kJ

                  --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "delmelza" <delmelza@...> wrote:

                  > maybe the BBC should make a "JAM at Bedtime" series :)
                • williamc
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 3, 2011
                    I go to sleep to Jam every night, right after the Archers.

                    Am I wrong or is this episode the first to have both Julian and Graham on the same program?

                    --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "delmelza" <delmelza@...> wrote:

                    > I do quite often-it's not because of boredom but I think it relaxes me
                    > -the familar voices( I listen to the older ones to sleep to)
                    > new ones I listen to at work or on the bus- last night at work once again I could not contain my laughter while listening to the current season-my coworkers just roll their eyes LOL
                    >
                    > It's not too loud although the whistle can be shrill at times.
                    > Earlier this week it took me 3 times to get through a recent News Quiz. Miriam
                    >
                    > --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Dave B <pondydave@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I wonder how many of us plug JAM into our ears each night before falling
                    > > asleep.........
                    > >

                    > > ________________________________

                  • Dean
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 3, 2011

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 3, 2011
                        Hehe - this is quite funny. We always sleep to JAM too, has done so for
                        many many years. But I never thought that was a habit we shared with many...
                        And actually, last time we were on holiday we listened to the JAMmer
                        stream broadcast via the Android mobile phone - worked like a charm.

                        I sure hope BBC is aware of their responsibility here. If they ever
                        cancel jam there will be hordes of zombie-like creatures in the streets,
                        unable to sleep anymore...!

                        Dean, you're our man on the inside, you go warn BBC.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 3, 2011
                          I had to move to Australia to discover JAM is a sleeping aid. I had to keep the windows closed at night on account of the mosquitos and, deprived of my night noises, plugged JAM into my ears. I have had a full night's sleep ever since as the familiarity of the voices and the laughter drives troubles away if one awakes at night. Though I dare not try any episode with Kenneth or Wendy as I don't want their angst upsetting my sleep.

                          Hehe - this is quite funny. We always sleep to JAM too, has done so for
                          many many years. But I never thought that was a habit we shared with many...
                          And actually, last time we were on holiday we listened to the JAMmer
                          stream broadcast via the Android mobile phone - worked like a charm.

                          I sure hope BBC is aware of their responsibility here. If they ever
                          cancel jam there will be hordes of zombie-like creatures in the streets,
                          unable to sleep anymore...!

                          Dean, you're our man on the inside, you go warn BBC.

                          On 03/03/11 16:36, williamc wrote:
                          > I go to sleep to Jam every night, right after the Archers.

                        • George
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 4, 2011
                            Ha-ha-ha.
                            This is the best thread in ages.

                            Firstly (off-topic), I thought that the episode with Sir Terry was brilliant. They really played him into the game well. Very enjoyable debut.

                            Now ... on the more serious subject ;)

                            I have been suffering insomnia since I was a small boy. I started listening to JAM because my wife liked to watch Friends at night to help her. At first it was fine but I needed something I could close my eyes.

                            Ok ... occasionally I laugh too much but it works like a charm and I happily drift of every night. If I am working away from home or on holiday ... its as essential as my toothbrush now.

                            I "used" to listen to it when driving a longish distance.
                            Laugh
                            Pass the time
                            Sense of achieve with every passing episode (30mins done)

                            I had to stop because I was sleepy!

                            Trained myself well! :D

                            Best sleeping episode ... the 35th anniversary. I can never stay awake to the end of the show! ;)

                            --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, Dave B <pondydave@...> wrote:

                            > I had to move to Australia to discover JAM is a sleeping aid. I had to keep the
                            > windows closed at night on account of the mosquitos and, deprived of my night
                            > noises, plugged JAM into my ears. I have had a full night's sleep ever since as
                            > the familiarity of the voices and the laughter drives troubles away if one
                            > awakes at night. Though I dare not try any episode with Kenneth or Wendy as I
                            > don't want their angst upsetting my sleep.
                          • andrewjg2004
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 22, 2011
                              Dave, a bit off topic but...
                              You don't need to keep the windows closed at night - too hot to do that. I couldn't stand having the windows shut in summer. Just get an electric mosquito zapper.
                              Coles and Woolworths have a Mortein Mozzie Zapper that works really well. I always use it through summer and it really drives the mozzies away. You have to buy refills but its only for mosquito season. I suppose it depends where you live as to how long mosquito season lasts. I'm in Sydney so mosquito season is ending now anyway with autumn here.