Re: The Unbelievable Truth

  • irishmanufan
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
      what surpises me about the unbelivebale truth being so bad is that it is brought to us by the team behind i'm sorry i haven't a clue . producer jon nasmith and clue founder and performner graeme garden . i do want to like this show but being up against clue and jam i am afriad my opinions match the contirubtors quoted below my message . it is not worth listening to .
      cheers
      Linda

      --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <antster1983@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, I listened to it as well. Already I'm pining for another series of Just A Minute or I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue!
      >
      > Ant

    • Steve Kenrick
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010

        I like it.

        I think the script is generally clever and inventive and I know that in each programme, there will be twenty reasonably interesting facts, some of which may be new me

        Each edition can of course be badly affected by the panelists, which was the case this week with the presence of Brigstocke.  What a pleb this bloke is.  His material is weak, (calling Isaac Newton an idiot in order to get a laugh, was a classic example of ineptitude), and his aggressive, forceful routine, almost verging on shouting, is tiresome.

        Contrast his style with that of the great Graham Garden, whose silky delivery of his gems is a delight.

        The programme also has David Mitchell who does a great job as host, being very sharp and witty, with both his scripted words and his ad-libs.

        what surpises me about the unbelivebale truth being so bad is that it is brought to us by the team behind i'm sorry i haven't a clue . producer jon nasmith and clue founder and performner graeme garden . i do want to like this show but being up against clue and jam i am afriad my opinions match the contirubtors quoted below my message . it is not worth listening to .
        cheers
        Linda

        --- In just-a-minute@ yahoogroups. com, "Anthony" <antster1983@ ...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I listened to it as well. Already I'm pining for another series of
        Just A Minute or I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue!

        > Ant

      • Espen Krømke
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010
          > and his
          > aggressive, forceful routine, almost verging on shouting, is tiresome.

          I could have sworn you described Kenneth Williams there...

          > Contrast his style with that of the great Graham Garden, whose silky
          > delivery of his gems is a delight.

          Wait a minute, Graham is a panellist on Unbelieveable Truth too? Then it
          *has* to be worth listening to!
        • Steve Kenrick
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010

            >> and his

            >> aggressive, forceful routine, almost verging on shouting, is tiresome.

            >I could have sworn you described Kenneth Williams there...
            size=2 color=navy face=Arial>

            Espen, you could have chosen any other panelist and I would have ignored it, but you cannot……you just cannot………….in no way can you seriously compare the ordinary, average efforts of Brigstocke with the unique performances of the maestro, the King, the supreme KW.

            >> Contrast his style with that of the great Graham Garden, whose silky

            >> delivery of his gems is a delight.

            >Wait a minute, Graham is a panellist on Unbelieveable Truth too? Then it
            >*has* to be worth listening to!

            It is.

          • hpcl4700@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 9, 2014
              The Unbelievable Truth is back on! Could someone please make the episodes available?

              I'd like to listen to them on my mp3 player, but I currently can't since they're only available on iPlayer.
            • hpcl4700@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 9, 2014
                As the Unbelievable Truth is back on air, could someone please make them available? Please?