Re: Today's ep s55e06 @ http://www.mediafire.com/just-a-minute

  • delmelza
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
      Charles,
      thank you-you just made my day (let's just say it wasn't one of my better days)- comic relief is just what the doctor ordered.
      Cheers, Miriam

      --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "charles_454545" <charles@...> wrote:

      > I've got about 90 seconds to post this message and leave before I miss my bus, so no DB-style summary this week either, I'm afraid... :)
      >
      > JAM #722 s55e06 2009.08.31 - What I Love About Edinbugh
      > PM, SP, Janey Godley, Richard Herring
      > http://www.mediafire.com/?mlewncz2tyb
      >
      > cheers,
      > Charles

    • kj.naughton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
        Hi all,

        I'm just back from holiday so have only just heard this episode. First of all, thanks to Charles for making the MP3 available for us.

        I think this episode was one of the better Edinburgh recordings which I've thought over the years can be a bit hit and miss. Last week's episode was a "miss" for me and this was a "hit".

        I remember someone posting tweets to say that Sue Perkins was on fire on these recordings and she certainly seemed to be the dominant player here. Perhaps a little too much for my personal taste as I like to hear from all of the participants as equally as possible.

        It was good to hear from Janey Godley who, IMHO, has always been good on JaM with hardly a foot put wrong.

        Richard Herring was one of the best first-timers I've heard in a while, possibly only bettered by Ian McMillan in recent times. So much so that Nicholas hardly bothered to give him any usual first-timer's "help".

        Whilst on holiday I've been reading quite a lot and it occurred to me that a good panellist for JaM may be Stuart Maconie. I've enjoyed reading his book "Adventures on the High Teas" having previously enjoyed "Pies and Prejudice". His Radio 2 show is great and he comes across as someone who is quick-witted enough for JaM as well as having a good range of experiences to call on.

        Cheers

        kJ

        --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "charles_454545" <charles@...> wrote:

        > I've got about 90 seconds to post this message and leave before I miss my bus, so no DB-style summary this week either, I'm afraid... :)
        >
        > JAM #722 s55e06 2009.08.31 - What I Love About Edinbugh
        > PM, SP, Janey Godley, Richard Herring
        > http://www.mediafire.com/?mlewncz2tyb
        >
        > cheers,
        > Charles

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
          I like Stuart Maconie too, not just because he's a Wiganer like me ;o)

          I think he'd do well in the JAM arena :o)

          Ant