Re: [just-a-minute] Re: Series 54 or 57?

  • dbedford@ihug.co.nz
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 1921
      On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 03:58:28 -0000, "Sabrina Stuff" <nylon@...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks, Dean. So what do learned people consider to be canon then: 54
      > or 57, or are there running gunbattles in the streets over the issue?
      >
      > Do we trust the Beeb's version?

      My numbering system seems to have become semi-official over the years but
      it is just one I invented - hopefully along logical lines!

      I do think that if you have one series of shows in 1984 and another almost
      a year later, they should be seen as separate seasons.

      But having said that - if I knew for sure that the difference I suggested
      was the difference, I would probably change my pages. But problem is - we
      don't know for sure that that is the difference.

      I also like the post of kj naughton that the difference is between looking
      at the show as a listener and as a producer, which is a neat way of
      thinking about it.

      Maybe there's some way we can find out for sure...???? I'll have a think
      about it when I'm back home.

      Dean
    • kj.naughton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
        Hello everyone,

        It appears to me that, if Dean is correct, then both series references
        would be correct. As far as the BBC is concerned this is the 54th
        series of recordings; as far as the audience is concerned then it is
        the 57th series of broadcasts. Personally I prefer the latter
        designation as I'm a listener rather than a producer.

        kJ

        --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, "Sabrina Stuff" <nylon@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, Dean. So what do learned people consider to be canon then: 54
        > or 57, or are there running gunbattles in the streets over the issue?
        >
        > Do we trust the Beeb's version?
        >
        > --- In just-a-minute@yahoogroups.com, <dbedford@> wrote:
        > >

        > > On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 07:16:15 -0000, "Sabrina Stuff" <nylon@>
        > > wrote:
        > > > The BBC4 stream announces JAM Series 54 episode 1 (29 Dec 2008)
        - but