Re: [just-a-minute] just a minute cds and tapes

  • Dean Bedford
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hi

      going through the various questions

      There is a list of all the CDs and tapes here
      www.geocities.com/deanbedford/tapes.html

      ISBN numbers - I don't know.

      I don't think the first ever episode in 1967 has ever been released for
      sale. I believe that the producers listened to it with a view to
      releasing it for the first Just A Classic Minute release, but found it
      wasn't up to standard, either in content or in audio quality. If you
      mean the first tape release, the first ever was Silver Minutes, released
      in 1992, and then "Just A Minute - Canned Laughter" was released at the
      end of 1993.

      if you're happy with tapes then I think I'm correct in saying all the
      releases except those first two are available through amazon.co.uk and
      presumably through other similar sites.

      JAM2 was originally on cassette only but was re-released last year on
      CD. I think there's no particular reason why the earlier editions were
      cassette only except that cassettes were far more popular 10 years ago
      than they are today.

      Hope that answers all your points!

      cheers, D

      On Monday, December 1, 2008, at 09:31 AM, s369180 wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I've just joined the group. I've had a look at previous messages but I
      > couldn't find and answer to my FAQ. Is there a list somewhere of all
      > the CDs and tapes of JAM and their ISBN numbers? I'm sure that I found
      > a fan's web site a couple of years ago that listed them, but I've long
      > forgotten where.
      >
      > I would like to buy the very first JAM. I think it was for sale in
      > 1996. I remember seeing it in the shops at the time but I was a poor
      > student then, and never got round to buying it. It's long since been
      > deleted but I thought that an ISBN might help me track it down. Any
      > ideas on where or how?
      >
      > I think the sets became available on cd from JAM6 onwards but I see
      > that JAM2 was released on cd too. Is there any reason that JAM1 and
      > JAM3 to JAM5 were never re-released on cd?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Stephen.

    • s369180
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        > I don't think the first ever episode in 1967 has ever been released for
        > sale.
        [...]
        > If you mean the first tape release, the first ever was Silver
        > Minutes, released in 1992, and then "Just A Minute - Canned
        > Laughter" was released at the end of 1993.

        Hello again,

        Thank you for the fast reply. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I was
        talking about the "Just a Minute - Canned laughter" tape (I think).
        I would like to find a copy to complete my collection but I don't know
        how or where. Searching for "JAM" brings up too many false positives,
        so I was hoping an ISBN would help me.

        > JAM2 was originally on cassette only but was re-released last year on
        > CD. I think there's no particular reason why the earlier editions were
        > cassette only except that cassettes were far more popular 10 years ago
        > than they are today.

        I was just puzzled why the BBC re-released JAM2 on cd but
        never continued to re-release JAM3, JAM4, etc on cd now that CDs are
        more popular. I think JAM2 is now out of print on both cassette and
        cd.

        Thanks,
        Stephen.

        --