Hello

  • Steve Varty
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello, I'm new here having just found the group.

      I have enjoyed browsing the links to JAM episodes and other shows, but
      sadly some of them on sendspace have now expired. I twould be great if
      they could be updated.

      I have a fairly large collection of radio comedy that I am more than
      willing to share.

      Steve.
    • espen.kromke
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
        Hi everyone!

        > 1. My favourite Just a Minute panellist is.... because....

        Oh there are many... Kit Hesketh-Harvey, Ross Noble and Greg Proops to
        mention three of the absolute favorites, but above them all: Graham
        Norton. His comments are almost without exception hillarious, and
        noone has ever beaten the audience response he got for the "only pussy
        Hillary don't mind Bill stroking"-joke.

        > 2. If I could pick four people for my best ever Just a Minute panel,
        > they would be... because...

        Norton, Noble, Freud, Hesketh-Harvey. Four completely different
        personalities, all with their unique style.

        > 3. The person/s I would like to hear more of on Just a Minute is....
        > because...

        Norton. It's been a while now...!

        > 4. The first time I heard Just a Minute, I thought...

        ... "Excellent blend of british style and humor".

        > 5. I think if Kenneth Williams and Paul Merton had ever been on the show
        > together....

        I would have skipped to the next show. I can't stand Kenneth Williams.
        His over-acting and eager for attention spoils every show he's in.
        This is why I've hardly listened to any show pre 90s and I can't
        understand why he was a regular for so long. He doesnt fit in at all -
        he should have been a member of the "Mad" crew instead...

        > 6. The funniest moment ever on Just a Minute was...

        Clintons cat.

        > 7. The reason I love listening to Just a Minute is...

        > 8. If you've been to a Just a Minute recording, tell us about it!

        Never, but we plan on travelling to the UK next year if we get tickets!

        > 9. If you've ever played Just a Minute yourself, tell us about it!

        Never... But I'd love to try.

        > 10. If I could meet a Just a Minute star and ask them one question, I
        > would want to meet..... and the question would be....

        Hmmm... Nicolas Parsons I guess, to ask

        > 11. The Just a Minute star I most look like/act like is...

        I do not know how any of them look except Norton, Parsons, Noble,
        Merton and Hawks! I live in Norway, and british comedians/actors are
        mostly unknown to me.

        > 12. If I had to speak for 60 seconds on a subject without hesitation,
        > repetition or deviation, it would be...

        "Why I love JAM"

        > 13. Three key facts I'd like everyone on the group to know about me
        > are...

        - Living in Norway
        - Age 39
        - my JAM collection as of today is 679 regular radio
        episodes - I guess this is more or less the number all around?

        However, a while ago I startet working on restoring the audio quality
        and level on some of the shows. I've also found different sources on a
        few of the shows thats incomplete (but better audio quality) on this
        site, and thus been able to splice a couple of incomplete recordings
        with the missing parts lifted from other recordings.

        I will make my entire collection avaiable to you all when the work is
        done.
      • Dean Bedford
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 17, 2008
          thanks, that was very interesting. And welcome!

        • hughfry
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 21, 2010
            I'd like to hear a Christmas special of JAM in the future. If what Nicholas said was true (JAM at 3 series), I hope the Beeb will record a special per year. It'd be great to listen to and the 3 series story is also great, if confirmed :D
          • Robert Torres
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 21, 2010
              That would be awesome if they recorded JAM Christmas specials cuz they used to have episodes with christmas subjects usually because an episode coincided with the holiday season. Christmas or New Years.

              On Wed Jul 21st, 2010 4:35 AM EDT hughfry wrote:

              >I'd like to hear a Christmas special of JAM in the future. If what Nicholas said was true (JAM at 3 series), I hope the Beeb will record a special per year. It'd be great to listen to and the 3 series story is also great, if confirmed :D

            • Dean
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
                for those who don't follow my blog - Nicholas told my friend Keith Matthews that JAM is to move to three seasons a year - but of eight shows each. That's what Hugh's referring to.

                Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:30 AM
                Subject: Re: [just-a-minute] Hello