2012-11-1 Bali News & Views

  • Pt. B.A.L.I.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      2012-11-1 Bali News & Views
      Click HERE if you are having trouble viewing the card
      (Viewable for up to 90 days from receipt)
      Click HERE to be removed from this email list

         2012-11-1 Bali News & Views

      BALI NEWS & VIEWS

      11/01/2012

      Over 32,647 readers worldwide.

      Save a tree do not print this newsletter unless necessary

      "I just wanna say thank you for the information that you have been shared to us readers. Thanks for posting this kind of theme " Bali and Jakarta Airports Launch Roving Check-In Service

      "I feel the same way warnings & alerts of this sort should be issued by the government of Indonesia rich capital from all over world is ruining the balinese style so sad" onCultural tourism shifting to resort tourism:

      "Great post! I’ve been trying all the above advice and, little by little, it seems to work! Thanks again for posting! property" onProperty Exuberance Is Reborn in Indonesia

      "Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, youve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog."

      My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work! Luxury Villas in India onPT. Bali Luxury Villas Big Hit at Annual Tourism Indonesia Mart & Expo (TIME)

      BALI REAL TOURISM NEWS

      Aussies loving Bali to death

      Balinese dressed in traditional clothing walk past tourists during a ceremony on Kuta Beach. Picture: AFP Source: The Courier-Mail THERE are some things about Bali that never change. Like that smell when you get out of the plane and walk into the terminal building. It's the fragrance of Hindu offering baskets and incense in a tropical climate. Balinese Hindus are a deeply religious and spiritual people and they make offerings in l... more »

      More foreign tourists to Bali

      BALI, Indonesia - Entering the low holiday season, Bali is experiencing a slight growth (3.62 percent) in the number of foreign tourist arrivals, according to an official. Last year, in September 2011, 2.05 million tourists had visited the island, but the figure had increased to 2.16 million during the same period this year.Ida Bagus Kade Subhiksu, head of Bali’s tourism office, said he was optimistic that Bali would be able to achieve its target of drawing 3 million foreign visitors by the en... more »

      Escape readers' guide to Bali

      Temple of Pura Ulu Danau on the shores of Lake Bratan, Bali, Indonesia. Picture: Supplied Source: National Features [image: bali 28 escape readers guide] Sunset by the pool at Potato Head Beach Club brings thel location to life. Picture: Escape reader Astrid Carroll Source: National Features FROM decadent beach clubs to paddling across a lake in the crater of a volcano, readers give you the lowdown on the Aussie favourite holiday destination. See Jamu classes, Ubud A Jamu class teaches you to make tonic drinks, body scrubs, body oi... more »

      Eyewitness: Denpasar, Bali

      A woman in Bali, Indonesia waits to transport her produce][image: View larger picture] A woman in Bali, Indonesia, waits to transport her produce. The use of horses and carts, known as dokars, has been in decline in Denpasar since the 70s as tourism has grown

      In Bali With Baggage:

      by Jonathan Goldstein (RSS feed) on Oct 29th 2012 at 10:00AM For guys like me, men who soldier through life with their chins glued to their chests, men who have never stopped to smell a single rose once, what is the point of travel? Travel insurance, shots, $15 sandwiches at the airport that usually involve cheddar jack. Feh. And let me be clear: I do not say "feh" with pride. I don't even know if such a thing is even possible. I dribble my puny feh into the world shamefully, from the side of my mouth. You know how Whitman had that mighty Yawp? Well my feh's the opposite of that... more »

      Bali's 'largest' ancient temple discovered

      Construction workers in Bali have discovered what is thought to be the biggest ancient Hindu temple ever found on the Indonesian island, archaeologists said. The workers were digging a drain in the island's capital Denpasar at a Hindu study centre when they came across the remainsof the stone temple. They reported the discovery to the Bali archaeology office, which then unearthed substantial foundations of a structure that the excavation team believes date... more »

      Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple

      This photo was taken at Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a Hindu-Buddhist water temple on the shores of Lake Bratan in Bali. Built in the 17th century, the temple is dedicated to Dewi Danu, the goddess of the waters. The stunning temple is built upon tiny islands and offers visitors a sacred look into Balinese culture. Read more: http://wandermelon.com/2012/10/28/photo-of-the-week-pura-ulun-danu-bratan-temple-bali/#ixzz2AkjPoLzr

      What To Do With Kids in Bali

      The swimming pools at Tampaksiring temple, Bali.] [image: Things for kids to do in Bali -- a fish pedicure.] [image: Handcarved watermelon at Pondok Pekak, Ubud.] [image: Pool at Gayatri 2, Ubud, Bali.] Zac is well on the mend from his surgery now. But not enough to do many of his favourite things, or even ride a motorbike - and most of his friends are away.That sucks.You see, a lot of Zac’s favourite things for kids to do in Bali are on the active side. Neither of us want to risk waterslides, ziplines, whitewater rafting or surfing when he’s got a three-inc... more »

      Jaws dropped at budget of Bali opening

      night film

      Indonesian producer Lavesh M Samtani [pictured] reveals budget of Jakarti Hati as it opened Balinale Film Festival. It was a jaw-dropping moment when Indonesian producer Lavesh M Samtani revealed that the Balinale Film Festival’s opening night film, Jakarta Hati , had been made for only $200,000.The sixth festival opened this week at a brand new cinema in the not-yet-officially-opened Beachwalk shopping centre, a stone’s throw from the beach at Kuta. After the screening of the film and an outdoor performance of traditional dance, guests gathered at a restaurant.Jakarta-based Gary Ha... more »

      Another great long weekend in Bali.

      We have a saying in Bali that "every day is a holiday" and frankly some times it’s difficult to keep your mind on your work. Oh well most of us work too hard anyways. At least here in Bali the numerous holidays for every prominent religion force you to kick back once in awhile. "Every day is a holiday" This weekend was no exception with the Muslim holiday of Idu Adha. While devote Islamists were out slaughtering a goat and sharing with the poor us Bules ( Foreigners participated in events such as a book signing at the Betelnut Café in the artist colony of Ubud followed by a d... more »

      First Class New Years Eve Party Paradise

      Beachfront EstatesOnly $49

      You are Cordially Invited to Attend a First Class New Years Eve Party at Bali’s newest Paradise Beachfront Estates. Avoid the traffic mayhem, firework polluted skies and impersonal hotel and restaurant parties and attend an intimate first class party sponsored by Bali Luxury Villas and Desiree’s restaurant under the supervision of President of Pt. Bali Affordable Lifestyles International. Date: Dec 31st. 8 pm to 2 am. Location: Paradise Beach Estates only 10 to 15 minutes North of Sanur on a brand new four land road. We will utilize ... more »

      Bali's Best Chefs Pop Up Dinners

      ?Imagine! Receiving an invitation with a menu which is obviously fine dining and all inclusive with wines from South Africa, hosted by a respected chef in the community, and the location of this unbelievable invitation will not be revealed until 48 hours before!? Pop up dinners!? Known around the world in many forms, this old concept with new and imaginative ways to dine, has finally arrived on Bali Island,? ?Pop up dinners, the rage around the world, is meant to change the perception of where and how we dine out while creating new challenges that inspires the chef to think out of ... more »

      BALI REAL ESTATE NEWS

      Private rented villas in Bali will continue to

      see Low Occupancy levels

      Editors Note: Many of you may find it unusual that I am willing to re-publish an article that states that Bali Villa occupancies are going down. It would not seem to support my predictions that our Villa occupancies and net incomes are holding steady and maybe going up. I totally agree with the fact that the Villa article below states “With the increasingly fierce competition, the rising supply of new villas, as well as the lowering volume of bookings for rented villas, the rental price is predicted to drop amid a price war, especially for three- and four-bedroom villas”. ... more »

      Property business still booming in Bali

      Editors Notes: I have been saying for years that Bali property values would begin to increase exponentially as opposed to their linear growth over the past 16 years I have lived here. Below is proof that my prediction is coming true. So long as a two bedroom villa can still be purchased for as little as $189,000 with a swimming pool we still have growth of 10 % to 30% per year to go in the near future. by Desy Nurhayati on 2012-10-12 The property business in Bali continues to flourish as investors are confident about the island’s business climate, thanks to the incre... more »

      “Bali is Hawaii 30 years ago” Fortunes being

      made in Real Estate

      Years ago I started writing in my local newspaper column and coined a phrase that “Bali is Hawaii 30 years ago” in regards to the real estate markets. Local expats said I was crazy and that Bali real estate is too dangerous. I argued that Bali was earning the reputation of being me one of the “Best Islands in World” and could be compared to Hawaii 30 years ago. Having lived in Hawaii for 18 years and having a real estate company there for seven of those 18 years I was quite familiar with Hawaii real estate prices. In the 60s tourists, primarily from America, came over and e... more »

      Earn Huge Profits with Little or no Risk.

      Speaking at Smart Money Conference in Hon Kong Those of you that know me well are aware that I have been one the most successful real estate developers and managers in Bali the last 10 years.Having built and sold three major developments and now on my fourth which is my crown jewel... needless to say Bali real estate has been extremely profitable for me. What's frustrating right now is the amount of great deals I see in what I believe will be the hottest area of Bali the next five years. As I already have a substantial investment in a beachfront project I can either wait until I... more »

      Bali's Premier Beach Resort Introductory

      offer 65 % Discount.

      Premier Beach Resort Introductory offer 65 % Discount. Wake up to the sound of crashing waves, a magical view of the sun rising over the Channel Islands to the east and the stunning 3,000 MTR. (10,000 ft.) Mt. Agung, Volcanic Mountain from your own Bali Paradise Beachfront Estate. Estate A3 Just Completed: It is a huge 350 m2 (3,767 Sq Ft.) first class estate on over 450 M2 (4,900 Sq Ft.) of land with stunning ocean, Mt. Agung & green zone views. Two Large Bedrooms Available in Limited Offer. 65% discount The master bedroom and largest guest bedroo... more »

      Bali's rates on the uptrend

      BUOYANT inbound traffic is driving hotel rates in Bali skywards, despite limited airlift and a slew of rooms set to flood the market by 2014. Brand New Bali Paradise Beach Estates http://www.baliparadiseestates.com Research by property consultancy Knight Frank shows that Bali will have 10,466 new hotel rooms by 2014. As many as 3,922 of these rooms – or 37 per cent – will be operational by the second half of 2012. “Hotel rates in Bali have been on the rise even with additional supply underway. There is at least a 10-20 per cent increase (in rates) every year,” said Richard Vuille... more »

      Price for Land in Bali Continues to Soar:

      Editors Comments:

      I have been predicting for years that Bali real estate prices would stop going up linear and begin a exponential growth curve that will lead me some day to issue a sell signal.

      According to the article below "the average bid price for land ownership in the Legian, Petitenget and Batu Belig areas rose during the first half of 2012 by up to 36%.

      That's 72 % per year and is not sustainable.

      I may be issuing a sell signal for these areas in this area in the very near future.... more »

      Exciting Beachfront Estate Investment:

      FREEHOLD ESTATES STARTING AT $189,000

      Wake up to the sound of crashing waves, a magical view of the sun rising over the Channel Islands, and the stunning 3,000 MTR. (10,000 ft.) Mt. Agung, Volcanic Mountain from your own Bali Paradise Beachfront Estate. MORE INFO & PHOTOS

      "It feels like you are on a remote

      Island far from the crowds."

      BEST VILLA DEALS IN BALI:

      Safest Investment - Bali Real Estate

      As I have been predicting for the past 10 years throughout the world wide recession and current ongoing fears of European economic collapse Bali real estate has not only been one of the best performing investments in the world but also the safest with not one down year. MORE INFO & PHOTOS

      "We just rented this Villa for a net after

      commissions of $36,00 per year leaving a net

      profit of around $30,000 year or over 157%

      per annum."

      Lowest priced Bali 2 bedroom Bali Luxury

      Villa:

      Own this two bedroom © Bali Luxury Villa, pool for only

      $189,000.

      Quaint luxury villa in five star resort:

      This quaint recently built two bedroom elegant villa is located in the extremely popular Golden Villa luxury complex and comes complete with all the amenities of a five star resort. MORE INFO & PHOTOS

      INDONESIA MISCELLANEOUS NEWS

      U.S.Embassy in Indonesia target of planned

      terror attack

      US Embassy in Indonesia target of planned terror attack, police say Suspected terrorists planned to bomb American, Australian targets in Indonesia, police say. [image: Indonesia us embassy] An embassy guard and an Indonesian policeman take photographs while protesters mark the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks outside the US embassy in Jakarta on September 11, 2012. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images) Anti-terrorism police in Indonesia arrested 11 people this weekend suspected of planning terrorist attacks against US and Australian targets, finding explosives material and completed... more »

      WORLD REAL ESTATE NEWS

      Will Hong Kong’s Property Market Slow?

      Editors Note: I predicted at the beginning of this year that Hong Kong real estate would begin to falter. Looks like I am not alone on this assessment. ReutersHighrise residential and commercial buildings on Hong Kong island pictured on August 29, 2012. If Hong Kong is wondering whether its new 15% stamp duty on property purchases by non-locals will be effective, the case of Singapore offers a guide.Last year, Singapore adopted a similar policy, levying an additional 10% tax on non-local residents seeking to buy property to live in. Since then, the number of foreign buyers droppe... more »

      WORLD MISCELLANEOUS NEWS

      Hurricane Sandy Probably Saved Hundreds

      of Lives

      Editors Note: Watching CNN live coverage hurricane Sandy Atlantic city makes me remember why I left east coast for good 40 years ago.Very sad to hear about the loss of the ship used in the filming of the movie Bounty and it's captain. Fortunately 14 crew rescued thanks to the heroic efforts of Coast Guard. Big question for me as a former captain of a large sailing yacht is with all t... more »

      Another Prediction will Come True - Major

      Baby Boom Resulting from Hurricane Sandy.

      Those of you who have followed my predictions at seminars , on radio, in my newsletters, blogs and tweets are well aware that a large percentage of my predictions and eta the begging of and during each year have a high degree of accuracy. Whilst skyping with a good friend of mine while they were sitting in a high apartment in the trendy lower Manhattan area at the junction 66 th the 3 rd. streets in it dawned on me several things will happen as a result of the Hurricane Sandy which at the time was devastating the area.. ... more »

      My Vote for Hero of the Year. Diver Randy

      Hoba

      It takes nerves of steel and plenty of experience to hover an helicopter over a sinking ship and later a life raft in winds that sometimes reached over 100 mph. Editors Note: My Vote for Hero of the Year. Having been a former captain of sailing yachts which survived to cyclones including a class five cyclone, five times worse than the Class One that just hit the East Coast of America I emphasize personally with the recent downing of the H.M.S. bounty replica used in t... more »

      The Donald generously extends Obama's

      deadline

      Editor's note: Famous Real estate Magnate Donald Trump represents a lot of negative things to a lot of people. But to me this is the kind of guy you want to be leading the U.S.A. in these trying times as he tells it like it is and isn't afraid to put his money where his mouth is. You have to ask yourself why is Donald so adamant about forcing Obama to produce his birth certificate to prove that he is an American and therefore has the legal right to serve as president and secondly proof of his education. If I was Obama and I was confident that both would pass the muster I would put Don... more »

      Thank you very much for reviewing this weeks newsletter.

      Should you need assistance or advice feel free to contact us.

      Cheers,

      Lawrence B. M. Bellefontaine,

      DIRECTOR, PRESIDENT

      PT. BALI AFFORDABLE LIFESTYLES INTERNATIONAL.

      "Far

      Beyond Your Expectations”

      Company Profile

      Sales Office: Jl. Karangsari, # 2. Sanur, Bali, Indonesia 80228

      Tel: 62-361- 284069 Fax: 62-361- 270213

      Mob:62- 8123814014

      Searchour user friendly web-sitefor your perfect property

      Proud Members of SKAL

      Disclaimer: All information presented above is considered true and reliable to the best of our knowledge at the time that it was produced. Information and prices may change without notice. We accept no responsibility for incorrect information listed herein . All recommendations may lose value in the future due to economical, political influences or any other reason. We do not guarantee the future performance.

      Pt. B.A.L.I.
      Pt. BALI AFFORDABLE LIFESTYLES INTERNATIONAL
      Office: 6236128406

      Email me at:
      balinewsviews@...
      Visit my website at:
      http://www.ptbalirealestate.com

      The following is how I obtained your email address:
      You gave me your email address.