2011-7-29-Bali News & Views

  • Pt. B.A.L.I.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      2011-7-29-Bali News & Views
      Click HERE if you are having trouble viewing the card
      (Viewable for up to 90 days from receipt)
      Click HERE to be removed from this email list

         2011-7-29-Bali News & Views

         BALI NEWS & VIEWS

      Over 27,188 readers worldwide.

      Save a tree do not print this newsletter unless necessary

       Editors Note:

       Selamat Ramahan- Second Week Year 1433 of the Muslim calendar

      Ramadan is the holiest of months in the Islamic calendar, and fasting in this month is one of the Five Pillars of Islam. The month is spent by Muslims fasting during the daylight hours from dawn to sunset.  MORE

      Older and Wiser ?

      It's that time of the year when this old man became one year older and hopefully one year wiser.

      As I walked along the beach the other morning I thought about how fortunate I am to live on an Island with such great weather where the people are friendly and the cost of living is amongst the lowest in the world. For example my five dollar massages which take away the pain from almost daily tennis matches one hour before.

      You know you're getting older when people always say you look good for your age. Why can't they just say in you look great? MORE

       American Real Estate Depressed:

      Yesterday one of my clients told me a property in Hawaii had dropped from $600,000 to $200,000. Another good American friend told me that 1 in every 8 homes in Las Vegas is in foreclosure. Just two of the markets I warned about four years ago.  MORE

      America Gets Worse as It Grow Older:

      Unlike a good wine that gets better as it gets older America seems to be suffering an inverse fate and getting worse each year.

       As shown below the U.S. does not seem to be any closer to solving its Aug 2nd debt debate. It appears that if the debt ceiling is not raised several things may happen. MORE

      U.S. Contingency Plan Gives Bondholders Priority:

      The U.S. Treasury will give priority to making interest payments to holders of government bonds when due if lawmakers fail to reach an agreement to raise the debt ceiling, according to an administration official. Bloomberg's Peter Cook reports. Cook speaks with Carol Massar and Matt Miller on Bloomberg Television's "Street Smart."  MORE

      Australian Cadel Evans wins the Tour de France:

      Editor's note: Congratulations to all Australians for their first Tour De France win.

      I guess this guy doesn't participate in the normal binge drinking. MORE

       World's Most Expensive White Wine Sold

       To be featured at new Bali Restaurant

      Editors Note: Just when you thought Bali has it all it now has the worlds most expensive bottle of wine. Hope he has good security.

       A French restaurant-owner has bought the world’s most expensive white wine – for £75,000 (NZ$141,000). MORE

      Garuda Airlines - Strike Ends as Pilots Agree to Talks

      Hundreds of Garuda Indonesia pilots cut short their planned 24-hour strike on Thursday after a minister stepped in and got both sides to agree to return to the negotiating table. MORE

      Gold Up Heavily as President Barack Obama, running out of time to strike a deal to raise the U.S. debt ceiling,

      For the sake of America I hope the Republicans and Democrats can get their act together before August 2.

      Comex Copper Hits Three-Month High On Weaker Dollar MORE

      Bali-Yudhoyono Plans Big, Bold Steps for Next Five Years:

      President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono delivers a speech during the opening ceremony for the 44th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) foreign ministers’ meeting in Nusa Dua, Bali, on Tuesday. Yudhoyono said in an exclusive interview published on Friday that he has big plans for Indonesia. (AFP Photo/Sonny Tumbelaka)  MORE

      US President Barack Obama's visit to Bali later this year is expected to provide a tourism windfall. Photo: AFP:

      "If Obama comes to Bali, it will change Americans' perceptions."

      US arrivals were boosted by the movie Eat, Pray, Love starring Julia Roberts. Partially set in Bali, it played on the island's reputation as an idyllic, even spiritual respite from the modern world. MORE

       Bali is enjoying a golden era in its tourism and property sectors:

      Indonesia’s skyrocketing economic growth is propelling discretionary investment in luxury hotel branded villas, according to the latest Bali Hotel Branded Villa Update.

      Local Buyers Bring Boom to Bali Real Estate:

      Investor interest in upscale rental properties, particularly with ties to international brands, is driving growth in real estate in Indonesia’s largest economies. The island nation is seeing resurgence in tourism and hospitality is a leading factor the country’s growing attraction for domestic investors. Credit Suisse notes that Indonesia boasts 60,000 millionaires (in US dollars) and it appears these investors and others have an increased interest in keeping their money in the local market.MORE

      Bakrieland Eyes Rp 110b in 2011 Sales for New Bali Golf Resort:

      Bakrieland Hotels and Resorts, a unit of property developer Bakrieland Development, forecasts about Rp 110 billion ($13 million) in revenue this year from the advanced sale of units at its latest planned resort in Bali. MORE

      Many Bali Properties have Problems

      We do not deal in any properties that may have a problem. This is the reason I have not become a huge real estate agent (although I was one of the first professional agencies) because many of the properties offered have problems and I simply don't want to deal with them.  MORE

      Below is our current inventory of BALI LUXURY VILLA resales.

      You will find that the prices are below average and that the quality of construction , management and marketing are above average.

      STARTING AT $189,000: The following are our lowest priced high quality villas with excellent management and marketing. They start as low as  $189,000. see below for details. MORE

      Pt. B.A.L.I.
      Office: 6236128406

      Email me at:
      Visit my website at:

      The following is how I obtained your email address:
      You gave me your email address.