2009-11-4 Bali News & Views

  • Pt. B.A.L.I.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009
      2009-11-4 Bali News & Views
      Click HERE if you are having trouble viewing the card
      (Viewable for up to 90 days from receipt)
      Click HERE to be removed from this email list

         2009-11-4 Bali News & Views

      BALI NEWS & VIEWS

      OCT 29th. 2009

      Over 24,000 readers worldwide.

             Save a tree do not print this newsletter unless necessary.

      "Great rental month in September for both places. Regards", Mr. J. H. Canadian 2009-10-11

      "Your recent newsletter was done very well, packed with good info. I was especially interested in your comments on the "2nd surge in Bali real estate. "2009-10-12 Mr. J. Amercian Bali Expatriate

      BALI  & LOMBOK TOURISM NEWS

      Hello Jakartans' stop by and see us at the Bali Luxury Villas booth ath the 3rd. annual Indonesia Travel & Holiday Fair, Nov 6th. to 8th.

      Whether you are interested in buying or renting a villa we have it all .

      Indonesia Tourism & Travel Fair 2009

      October 2 - 4 , 2009
      Jakarta Convention Center
      www.ittf2009.com

      The 2nd Indonesia Tourism & Travel Fair (ITTF 2009) is an annual tourism and travel exhibition and conference event. ITTF receives full support from Department of Culture and Tourism of Republic of Indonesia and work together with 4 largest tourism industry associations i.e.: Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Organization (PHRI), Association of Indonesia Tour and Travel Agent (ASITA), Indonesia Congress and Convention Association (INCCA), Indonesia National Air Carriers Association (INACA) and many related organizations.

      Julia Roberts' film producer warned not to disturb sanctity of Bali shrines

      DENPASAR, Oct 30 - The chairman of Bali's Parisada Hindu Dharma Indonesia (PHDI), I Gusti Ngurah Sudiana hopes the making of a film starring Julia Roberts in Bali, will not disturb the sanctity of the region`s religious shrines, Indonesia's Antara news agency reported Friday. MORE

      "Do not let foreigners in Bali make members of the local community feel uncomfortable in their own land,"

      Bali Named World's No. 2 Region for Travelers by Lonely Planet

      Bali has been named one of the best regions in the world to visit in a new Lonely Planet travel guide.

      The famed Island of the Gods came in second behind Alsace in France, and ahead of Fernando de Noronha in Brazil. Lake Baikal in Russia was the other Asian region to make the top 10 list. MORE

      Hopes for faster processing  of Indonesian visa on arrival.

      The newly reappointed Culture and Tourism Minister sets target at speeding up visa on arrival and provide more advertising for Indonesia tourism. MORE

      Hotels gear up for tourist influx during festive season

      Hotels around the most popular sites across Bali are preparing for an increasing influx of tourists planning to spend their Christmas and New Year's Eve holidays on the island. MORE

      Human and divine

      Reflections: Women dance the Pendet dance in the inner courtyard of Batukaru temple, greeting the gods who have just "come down" (tedun). They circle the courtyard three times in a slow, intoxicatingly rhythmic dance. Here, they are reflected in a puddle of water. Courtesy of Rio Helmi. MORE

      Bali to host Indian festival

      The Indian Cultural Center (ICC) Bali will organize an Indian art and cultural festival in a number of the island's regencies to promote inter-social and cultural dialogue between India and Bali. MORE

      Bali Police to set up surveillance cameras

      Bali Police is planning set up surveillance cameras in 75 areas considered "vulnerable" in the city of Denpasar and in Badung regency in an effort to curb crime. MORE

      From Bali Update WebSite:

      Bali: A Victim of its Own Success

      Governor Pastika Reflects on Rising Crime Rates in Bali and His Efforts to Keep Bali Safe for Tourist Visitors. MORE

      Editorial Comment:

      Bali's crime rate one of the lowest in the world:

      Recently Bali law makers' chastised the current Bali governor Pastika by saying "that criminal activity on the island was out of control".

      I agree with Governor Pastika's reply "any criminality in Bali is quickly internationally publicized".  Bali's small amount of crimes is blown out of proportion by the press. They like to pick on Bali like they do public figures because we have been rated the "Best Island in the world" for seven out of the last eight years including this year. MORE

      The Post Office foreign currency Long Haul Report shows the Far East flies high for UK holidaymakers

      Far East offers unbeatable foreign exchange value for this year's winter sun escapes

      London, UK (PRWeb UK/PRWEB ) October 31, 2009 -- The Far East offers the best value for this year's winter sun trips, according to the Post Office Long Haul Report, which looks at foreign currency exchange rates and typical holiday costs. UK holidaymakers' travel money will stretch further in Thailand, which tops the list, followed by Bali and Malaysia. MORE

      BALI  ECONOMIC NEWS

      Bali governor "jealous" of M`sia`s ability in tourism

      Denpasar, Bali (ANTARA News) - Bali Governor I Made Mangku Pastika admitted he was "jealous" of Malaysia because the neighboring country was able to attract up to 22 million foreign tourists in 2008. MORE

      BALI  SPORTS

      Sports Trumps Politics as Israeli Star Shahar Peer Arrives for Bali Tournament

      Shahar Peer arrived in Bali for the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions without much controversy, and praised Indonesia for granting her an entry visa. MORE

      Lisicki, Date join list of 12 for Bali event

      Germany's Sabine Lisicki and Kimiko Date Krumm of Japan have been given wild cards for the last two berths at the inaugural Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions in Bali next week. MORE

      BALI  PHILOSOPHY

      Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
        -
      Rabbi Julius Gordon

      One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
        -
      Rita Mae Brown

      BALI  TWEETS

      "Bali is wonderfull places to visited,,, you never ever miss It.

      "14 days, 5 books and many many Bintangs and cocktails later, I'm sad to say we're done here in Bali ... everything, everything ends".

      "Watching an International House Hunters ep in Bali. Makes you wonder what you're doing in your life. Let's all move to Bali!"

      "Watching hgtv (again). that's it, the kid and I are moving to bali."

      "My last Bali nyt out was crazy! never been bolder on my entire lyf until that nyt! (whew!) ~"

      "I miss Bali-Jogja moments. Can i have it again, or at least can i dream about it every night?"

      The following is how I obtained your email address:
      You gave me your email address.

      Pt. B.A.L.I.
      Pt. BALI AFFORDABLE LIFESTYLES INTERNATIONAL
      Office: 6236128406

      Email me at:
      info@...
      Visit my website at: