Re: [junkrig] Re: Newbie junk rig owner

  • roger harrington
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
      The advice about buying the book is sound - it is a super book though unfortunately expensive. It is the junk rig bible.
      Whilst on the subject of junk rigs, I have a flushed decked junk rigged sloop based on a fibgrglass hull of the Cinder class moulded by Tylers of Kent and designed by Van de Stadt. It is a long fin drawing three feet. It has been laid up in a boatyard for some years now and is very very tatty and the needlespar junk rigged mast has been nicked. It is ashore in Gosport and is free to anyone interested as my health has forced me to give up sailing.
      Regards

      Don Taylor <nospamformeSVP@...> wrote:
      --- In junkrig@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <debclarke@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I recently acquired a junk-rigged boat. It was suggested that i
      > could convert it to sloop but I have decided to stay with the junk rig,
      > even though I know nothing about it. I have the old holey sail and have
      > bought a gaff rig sail for it which is very close on size but which I
      > will convert for the poles.
      > I have in my possession: a free- standing mast erected on the boat (26'
      > Robert Tucker Escapade) with various three/four sets of sheets either
      > side coming back to cleats in the cockpit, a pile of poles and a top
      > pole with a loop in it. I can pretty much work out how to put the poles
      > into the sail but do not know what to do with all the sheets and where
      > to attach. Can anyone help or give me a diagram? Perhaps someone even
      > knows this boat? She is called Laurabelle.
      >
      > Deb

      Deb:

      Buy yourself a copy of 'Practical Junk Rig', Amazon.com carry it.

      Whereabouts is Laurabelle? One of our members may be able to visit
      you and give you some direct advice.

      Don.

    • gbrianob
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
        Hi Roger,

        I'd be very interested in taking a look at her. Could we exchange
        emails direct on this?

        Regards,

        Gerry.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
            I would also like to look at it. I am in High Wycombe. PLease e mail me if it is still available. my e mail is mabelsgift at yahoo dot co dot uk

            thanks... Andre

          • De Clarke
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
              Has anyone recently seen Robin and Iris on Haiku?

              they don't answer email and I seem to have lost their phone
              number. last seen at Moss Landing CA. possibly heading
              South.

              de

              :Mail: de@... | Your planet's immune system is trying to get rid :
              :Web: www.ucolick.org | of you. --Kurt Vonnegut :
              :1024D/B9C9E76E | F892 5F17 8E0A F095 05CD EE8B D169 EDAA B9C9 E76E: