jnk rggd ferro hull

  • Keven Kiffer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      What would be the most ecconomical junk rig to fab and install on a 45ft ferro cement hull_

    • Don Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        --- In junkrig@yahoogroups.com, Keven Kiffer <buffaloknox@y...> wrote:
        > What would be the most ecconomical junk rig to fab and install on a
        45ft ferro cement hull_

        Kevin:

        Get yourself a copy of "THE CHINESE SAILING RIG" by Derek Van Loan.
        Van Loan designed his rigs for ferro hulls (though they are very
        applicable to other large hulls) and his book is a very
        straightforward 'hammer and nails' approach to designing, sourcing and
        building a rig.

        I think that the book is out of print but you should be able to get a
        copy through ABE books on the web.

        Don.
      • Gerard Mittelstaedt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
          Hi,
          Amazon.com lists the Derek van Loan book on the Chinese Rig as
          available - for $15.95 new.

          I have no financial interest in selling this to anybody....
          I do have 2 copies personally - a 1st edition and the more recent
          edtion (which are not at all that different - the new one just
          looks prettier.)

          The Chinese Sailing Rig: Designing and Building Your Own
          by Derek Van Loan, Don Haggerty
          ISBN: 0939837188

          Editorial Reviews
          Book Description
          The Chinese Sailing Rig - Designing and Building Your Own is a
          practical handbook which emphasizes adapting western hulls to a
          Chinese rig. It's a take a hammer in one hand and a nail in the
          other approach leads the amateur designer/builder through all the
          steps from dream to voyage. The emphasis here is on 'practical.'
          Everything this book presents has been done and tried, before
          being explained in words and diagrams. This edition is an update
          of the original edition which has been selling around the world
          since 1981. Includes 28 illustrations.
          Product Details

          * Paperback: 111 pages
          * Publisher: Paradise Cay Publications;
          Rev edition (November 1, 1993)
          * Language: English
          * ISBN: 0939837188
          * Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.3 inches

          --
          Gerard Mittelstaedt mitt@...