Re: SV: [junkrig] Reminder - JRA Scandinavisk Djunke-samling i Stav...

  • trekkfugl
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hei Leif,
      Good to hear that Sten Hellsten may come from Sweden.
      In fact David Tyler is also en route from the Baltic in 'Tystie'.
      There are 3 Norwegian Junks in Stavanger already, 'Samson' 'Johanna'
      and 'Malena'. I shall be bringing 'Zuleika' down from
      Bergen, 'China Blue' is coming from Scotland and 'El Lobo' from
      Sunderland. So there will be a minimum of seven Junks with
      different rigs.
      It is a fair distance from Sweden's East Coast, but it would be
      really good if he could be there with 'hinged' battens, as Robin
      Blain will be coming but without 'Bunny' , his hinged batten
      MacGregor, and Victor Winterthun thinks it is unlikely that he will
      be able to get 'Iris', also with hinged battens down from Stord.
      Alan and Gloria Parsons are coming, but also without 'Badger' that
      is having a major refit after their epic journey from South Africa
      via Brazil, the West Indies, and an unscripted meeting with an out
      of season hurricane 'Anna'last year. also quite a few others without
      boats from Norway, Sweden, Holland and UK. The more the merrier,
      all are welcome.
      Looking forward to meeting you all in Stavanger on 14/15 August.
      Fair winds and good sailing,
      Edward

      --- In junkrig@yahoogroups.com, "Leif Thomsen" <leif@l...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Who are planning to come to Stavanger? How many junkrigged boats
      will there
      > be? I can inform you that Sten Hellsten from Paskallavik (Swedish
      Eastcoast)
      > will give it a try - depending on wind and vacation. He will then
      arrive in
      > his 45 feet two masted steel yacht. (With hinged aluminium
      battens!).
      > Pictures in the files section. So -lets hope wind and time will be
      > favourable for him. He will take the final decision at the end of
      next week.

      > rgds
      > Leif Thomsen

      Stav...

    • junkrig@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004

        Date: Monday, August 16, 2004
        Time: All Day

        Junk & Advanced Cruising Rig Association

        JRA Scandinavisk Djunke samling � Stavanger
        August 14th & 15th 2004

        Lundsv�gen B�tforening, Hundv�g, Stavanger. Norway Tel.
        00 47-51-54 94 05.
        Norwegian organiser JRA member Arne Kverneland. Tel. 00
        47-51-52 63 57.
        UK organiser JRA member Edward Hooper Tel. 0121 354 1123 or
        mob 00 44 7940 89 44 88

        Suggested programme:-

        Saturday 14th August.

        10.00 Meet in Lundsvagen Batforening (LBF). Coffee, chat, &
        boat allocation
        10.30 Sailing in Am�yfjorden (weather depending). Anchor
[...]

        Lundsv�gen B�tforening have very kindly offered us the use
        of their clubhouse, and berthing facilities � about 4 kms.
        from the centre of Stavanger.

        Stavanger and its surrounding area is really Western Norway in
        miniature. Steep mountains, narrow fjords, many islands and a
        wild west coast surrounding one of the most picturesque towns in
        Europe. Magnificent sailing in all dire
      • Leif Thomsen
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
          Hi Edward,

          Thanks for the info. I just talked to Sten at his cell phone and he is
          heading for Gothenburg today and his plan is to leave Gothenburg this coming
          Sunday for direct sail to Stavanger - if wind and weather permits of course.

          rgds/Leif

        • johnkupris@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
            Hi Don, the vertical seams are handy to put the grommets into, for the batten
            fastenings. If you can rough in the sail in the house then you can put it on
            a lawn and you can use screwdrivers to pin it down and then strech it with
            motorcycle straps. Then a 50 foot tapemeasure can swing the arcs to locate the
            corner grommet centers. It was easier for me outside versus an interior
            concrete floor because the simplicty of the screwdrivers and the motorcycle straps.
            The measurements from the blueprint works well. I hope this helps, John.

          • Don Taylor
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
              johnkupris@... wrote:

              > Hi Don, the vertical seams are handy to put the grommets into, for the batten
              > fastenings. If you can rough in the sail in the house then you can put it on
              > a lawn and you can use screwdrivers to pin it down and then strech it with
              > motorcycle straps. Then a 50 foot tapemeasure can swing the arcs to locate the
              > corner grommet centers. It was easier for me outside versus an interior
              > concrete floor because the simplicty of the screwdrivers and the motorcycle straps.
              > The measurements from the blueprint works well. I hope this helps, John.

              John:

              Thanks for this tip. Sounds like a great idea.

              Don.
            • junkrig@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004