Re: new member-- scale or scaling factor

  • sae140
    Message 1 of 67 , Oct 1, 2011
      --- In junkrig@yahoogroups.com, "jcuknz" <jcuknz@...> wrote:

      > When this discussion comes up I am reminded of two comments ...
      >
      > England and America separated by a common language Winston Churchill ?
      >
      > A word means what I intend it to mean ...New York Times 'words smith'

      I think you'll find the last one was originally down to Humpty Dumpty:

      `But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.

      `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'

      `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you *can* make words mean so many different things.'

      But of course, that's not to say the expression hasn't been arrogated by an american - something of an increasingly common trend.
    • Victor
      Message 67 of 67 , Jan 14, 2012
        Hi Ron, and Arne.

        You need a lot of leed on a CA-sloop. This one have about 12%, but I have used as much as 14% onse.
        Also remember Annies words. The forces on the rudder decreases if you reef down a bit.

        Victor