Re: [junkrig] Re: more batten/panel thoughts

  • david@nightwork.com
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi Tim and thanks,

      Hadn't run across this idea on junks before. Certainly
      something to consider if I can ever afford new sails.
      It would work with my GRP-type battens, I imagine,
      though not so well with bamboo... I have heavy plastic
      hose reinforcing on the battens at the mast area, which
      cuts down on chafe. Cheers, David

      On Wed, 31 July 2002, "Tim Dunn" wrote:

      My former boat, "Batwing, a junk-rigged
      schooner, had a rig designed by Blondie Hasler... he
      specified the batten pockets. They ran from the after
      part of the standing parrels to the leach. Foreward of
      that, the sail was held to the battens by the tension
      of the attachment to the luff...
    • finananton
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 10, 2003
        Hi, I'm also considering buying a junk and I'd be interested
        whereabouts in Malaysia you purchased yours and any other additional
        info you may have.

        thanks