Re: [junkrig] Markilux equivalent of Sunbrella Odyssey III

  • Barry Stellrecht
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2011
      Sorry, I've only ordered it in the USA, so I can't point you toward any
      sources where you appear to be.

      But I do want to point out that you may be asking about a different
      fabric than you expect.

      Odyssey III is about half the weight of Sunbrella. There is another
      fabric called Top Gun which is about as heavy as sunbrella, and made by
      the same company.

      I just made my sails from Odyssey III, and expect it to be heavy enough
      with a boltrope around the edges. My main is around 500 square feet and
      mizzen is around 300 square feet. If you were making really huge sails,
      the heavier fabric might be appropriate.

      Good luck finding it,
      Barry

      --
      s/v Flutterby
      Freedom 33 cat ketch undergoing conversion to a junk rig