Re: Spain + insurance

  • Owen H. Morgan
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2002
      Howdy!

      Paulfayuk wrote (> ):

      > For insurance
      > try Pantanius in the Uk. They have insured single
      > handers in the past and may well still do so,

      As far as I've heard, they don't insure wooden boats. I don't know why.

      > however they did restrict their customers to
      > European yachts in the past. Still it may
      > be worth asking them.

      My yacht is registered in Norway so that wouldn't be a problem. Im a British subject.

      Owen
      --
      * This e-mail was accelerated by EPOC and REM *
      * Then it was brought to its knees by the Internet and GSM *

      Owen H. Morgan, Yacht "Naomi J.", LD-9311
      @ Sjøhussenteret marina
      68°43.13'N 15°24.74'E
      Sortland in Vesterålen, Norway
      http://home.no.net/naomij
    • janey_young
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2002
        Hi folks

        --- In junkrig@y..., "Owen H. Morgan" <ohmorgan@i...> wrote:
        > Howdy!
        >
        > Paulfayuk wrote (> ):
        >
        > > For insurance
        > > try Pantanius in the Uk. They have insured single
        > > handers in the past and may well still do so,
        >
        > As far as I've heard, they don't insure wooden boats. I don't know
        why.
        You could try these guys...
        Basic Boat Liability Company
        Royal House
        74 Dalling Road
        London
        W6 0JA
        UK
        Tel (+44) 20 8741 4914
        Fax (+44) 20 8741 3350

        They will do a third-party-liability only policy - canal boaters in
        the uk need this to get a licence. Not sure, but I would not be
        surprised if they do a similar policy for sea-going boats.

        JaneY
        --
        JaneY Young
        nb The Cape of Good Hope

        on the eighth day, God went boating
      • janey_young
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2002

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002
            Howdy!

            Janey Young wrote (> ):

            > You could try these guys...
            > Basic Boat Liability Company

            Thanks, do you have an e-mail address for them?

            Owen
            --
            * This e-mail was accelerated by EPOC and REM *
            * Then it was brought to its knees by the Internet and GSM *

            Owen H. Morgan, Yacht "Naomi J.", LD-9311
            @ Sjøhussenteret marina
            68°43.13'N 15°24.74'E
            Sortland in Vesterålen, Norway
            http://home.no.net/naomij
          • Paul Thompson
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002

              Hi Owen,

              You could also try Pantaenius. I have had a third party only insurance =
              with them for more than three years now. I sail all over (boat La Chica =
              - a Steel Tahiti Ketch that I worked up from Hanna's drawings) the =
              world - the boat is currently in Annapolis, USA. I have only had good =
              and pleasant service from them. I have never made a claim, but I know =
              others who have and they say that service was prompt, friendly and =
              effecent. There email is info@...

              Regards,

              Paul Thompson

              Thanks, do you have an e-mail address for them?

              Owen
              --
              * This e-mail was accelerated by EPOC and REM *
              * Then it was brought to its knees by the Internet and GSM *

              Owen H. Morgan, Yacht "Naomi J.", LD-9311
              @ Sj=F8hussenteret marina
              68=B043.13'N 15=B024.74'E
              Sortland in Vester=E5len, Norway
              http://home.no.net/naomij

              ------
              NOTICE
              ------
              This message contains privileged and confidential information intended=20
              only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.=20

              Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or=20
              taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or=20
              entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.

              If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
              immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the
              material from any computer.

              Metropolitan Health Group, its subsidiaries or associates=20
              do not accept liability for any personal views expressed in=20
              this message.

            • janey_young
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2002
                --- In junkrig@y..., "Owen H. Morgan" <ohmorgan@i...> wrote:
                > Howdy!
                >
                > Janey Young wrote (> ):
                >
                > > You could try these guys...
                > > Basic Boat Liability Company
                >
                > Thanks, do you have an e-mail address for them?

                Hi there Owen
                I'm afraid that I don't have an email address.. I called them this
                morning to ask and they don't have email.
                Just to make it worse, they don't issue policies to non-UK residents
                either, so they wouldn't be any help to you.

                However, they just quoted my mate UKP39 for third-party only on his
                Westerly 25 if that's any help to anyone else. Haven't seen the
                policy wording yet! The marina where he has it stored now has
                suddenly decided they want insurance... (The phone no has changed
                too - it's now (+44)20 8650 9999)
                JaneY
                on the sleepy rivers of the uk where I have to have insurance, CE
                marks, safety certificates........
              • Owen H. Morgan
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 7, 2002
                  Howdy!

                  Paul Thompson wrote (> ):

                  > You could also try Pantaenius. I have had a third
                  > party only insurance
                  > with them for more than three years now.

                  I'll have to check. I don't know if their "no wooden boats" policy stretches to third party insurance. However, this policy is one reason why I don't like them.

                  Owen