Re: Much fussing about nothing

  • sae140
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2008
      Dear Karl

      I hope my reply makes it past the moderator ok, for I just want to say
      that I think you have fallen into the trap that many of us have
      witnessed before on Egroups, and that is the projection of one's own
      emotions onto someone elses's postings. By doing so, a person can then
      interpret anger where there is none; depression where there is none,
      and so on ....

      The use of emoticons can help to avoid this sort of trap occurring,
      but I think the best advice is to try and read posts in a
      matter-of-fact kind of way, without attaching emotions of any kind -
      not that that's always easy.

      To those who have called for an apology - speaking for myself I don't
      expect or require one, as I can see how this kind of misunderstanding
      so easily occurs.

      'best to all
      Colin

    • karlkenyon@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2008
        Dear Colin;
        Thank you for your letter. your perspective is probably correct. I
        generally jump into things with both feet,(sometimes with doubting
        afterthoughts) as I don't have a great deal of patience.
        Thanks again for a nice letter.
        Karl

        Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

      • sae140
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2008
          --- In junkrig@yahoogroups.com, karlkenyon@... wrote:

          > Dear Colin;
          > Thank you for your letter. your perspective is probably
          correct. I
          > generally jump into things with both feet,(sometimes with doubting
          > afterthoughts) as I don't have a great deal of patience.
          > Thanks again for a nice letter.

          > Karl

          Hi Karl

          Your words are appreciated. Looking forward to some interesting
          discussions in the future ....

          For my own part I'm going to try to stay On Topic more - as I do have
          a rather bad habit of straying into the long grass !

          'best
          Colin
        • Annie Hill
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
            Please!! No more diatribes, dogs or dying. Instead, let's hear some
            about some sailing and wrinkles for junk rig!

            And give poor Don a break - he does a fine job and I'd hate to see him
            throw in the towel. He'd be such a hard act to follow and if no-one
            volunteered, that would be the end of the group.

            Annie