Re: New to list

  • skarv2006
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2008
      Hi Anne.

      Colvin Junks are not very practical in use. Some time ago a woman told
      a lot about all the difficults she have had on this group. Look a bit
      back and you will find it.

      Victor

      --- In junkrig@yahoogroups.com, "Anne L. Watson" <anne2008@...> wrote:

      > At 02:04 PM 4/30/2008, you wrote:
      >
      > >Hi Anne.
      > >Then it should even be possible to try to sail a junk yourself. I
      > >think it is possible to find one almost everywhere now.
      > >
      > >Victor
      >
      > Possibly--I live in Olympia, Washington, and a friend of a friend is
      > giving me information. I don't know if that's going to extend to the
      > point of letting me go out with him or not. He has a Colvin boat,
      > which I don't know a lot about yet. Not sure if he's the only junk
      > sailor in our harbor or not.
      > I'm only about a quarter of the way through the novel, and I haven't
      > reached the point of writing much about the sailing yet. I plan to
      > take a sailing class this summer, and I expect I'll learn a lot more
      > then--although I'm sure junk rigs won't be covered in any detail.
      >
      > BTW, the text of my two published novels is online at
      >
      > http://www.annelwatson.com/books/PacificAvenue.html
      >
      > http://www.annelwatson.com/books/Skeeter.html
      >
      > Neither is about boats, though.
      >
      > :-)
      > anne
      >

      > Author, Smart Soapmaking
      > http://www.annelwatson.com

    • jcuknz
      Message 32 of 32 , May 2, 2008
        I visited the Colvin site and SUPRISE SUPRISE there was his 'ship'
        complete with ballooning sails, that Arne is encouraging us to use.
        couldn't see anything strange about the boat apart from the gorgeous
        bow. :-)