Re: Cost them money. Pretend to be INTERESTED

  • Christine Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
      It costs hardly anything to make a call to a toll free number - it'll
      cost them A LOT More if you express interest and then sue.

      The only way to cost the lead generators serious money is to sue them
      or their customers, who might hold them liable.

      If you don't want to sue, you can have some fun expressing interest
      and providing phone numbers answered by the Department of Real
      Estate, banking or corporations if it's for a mortgage, the travel
      company licensing office for travel spam, insurance dept. for health
      spam, etc.

      Many mortgage brokers pay $20 to over $60 per lead - but they may get
      a refund for phony leads. So it's best to get a free virtual phone
      number at efax.com or k7.net.

      Some more info on mortgage advertising: http://fight-
      back.us/forum/index.php?s=&showforum=74

      I used to get so frustrated myself, one time I called on a travel fax
      so many times, I had one girl crying. Why make some minimum wage kid
      miserable?

      The faxers and their customers make SO much money on their faxes,
      even a few individual suits won't make any difference. You can put
      one fax broadcaster out of business and several others will
      immediately pick up that business. Many of the advertisers expect to
      be sued out of business sooner or later and their products are often
      investigated by regulators.

      The money is moved into "safe" locations, the corporation goes
      bankrupt and if necessary, the officers discharge their liabilities.
      The bankruptcy reform ensures that they can continue to live happily
      and wealthy ...

      And that's the way it's supposed to be in the United States of
      crooks, scammers and spammers.

      The more I learn, the more I wonder why I don't join them.

      Christine

      --- In junkfaxDiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Roberts" <paul@p...>