Re: How to test database applications

  • j3ca
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      > Do your applications rely heavily on data from databases, or just
      data?

      > Mike

      It relies on data from databases!
    • Mike Clark
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
        j3ca wrote:

        >>Do your applications rely heavily on data from databases, or just
        >>

        >data?
        >

        >It relies on data from databases!

        So the application as a whole knows that the data came from a database?

        If so, I'd recommend introducing a data access layer to reduce this
        coupling. Clients of this layer would only know that it serves up data,
        not exactly where that data comes from. The upshot is that everything
        at a "higher" level could be tested without a database. At the end of
        the day, the database is just an implementation detail.

        Mike