Re: [junit] Re: ExpectedException: expecting a cause's message

  • Colin Vipurs
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1 2:24 AM
      In the first instance I believe you're saying it's part of your
      requirements that you output a useful message. In this instance I would
      test it but I would test the exception class directly and *not* the code
      that uses it. The code that uses it I would just test that the correct
      exception has been raised.

      In the second I would more than likely be wrapping the external exception
      anyway so that it doesn't leak into *my* domain

      --
      Maybe she awoke to see the roommate's boyfriend swinging from the
      chandelier wearing a boar's head.

      Something which you, I, and everyone else would call "Tuesday", of course.