Re: Better parameterised tests

  • sinu
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2011
      Hello,

      Tye link does not work. Could you please also post the correct link.

      I am having suite filter runner with classes that fall into that suite. One of the classes I am using Extended Runner to run a specific test case for multiple times. Please let me know how can we over ride the runners for a specific test case.

      Thanks
      Rajesh
      --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "p.lipinski" <p.lipinski@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > Some time ago I've written a runner for JUnit which is a replacement for the standard Parameterized runner - is easier & more flexible to use, gives nicer output in IDEs. I've made it available at http://code.google.com/p/junitparams. The website has a description of all the features.
      >
      > JUnitParams now updated to work properly with JUnit 4.10.
      >
      > Pawel

    • Dawid Weiss
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
        It does work if you omit the final dot...

        http://code.google.com/p/junitparams

        Dawid

        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM, sinu <srijesh_a@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello,
        >
        > Tye link does not work. Could you please also post the correct link.
        >
        > I am having suite filter runner with classes that fall into that suite.
        > One of the classes I am using Extended Runner to run a specific test case
        > for multiple times. Please let me know how can we over ride the runners for
        > a specific test case.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rajesh
        >
        > --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "p.lipinski" <p.lipinski@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi
        > > Some time ago I've written a runner for JUnit which is a replacement for
        > the standard Parameterized runner - is easier & more flexible to use, gives
        > nicer output in IDEs. I've made it available at
        > http://code.google.com/p/junitparams. The website has a description of
        > all the features.
        > >
        > > JUnitParams now updated to work properly with JUnit 4.10.
        > >
        > > Pawel

      • sschroev
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
          The URL was auto-linked incorrectly; the trailing dot was added to the href. The link is: http://code.google.com/p/junitparams/

          --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "sinu" <srijesh_a@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Tye link does not work. Could you please also post the correct link.
          >
          > I am having suite filter runner with classes that fall into that suite. One of the classes I am using Extended Runner to run a specific test case for multiple times. Please let me know how can we over ride the runners for a specific test case.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Rajesh
          > --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "p.lipinski" <p.lipinski@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi
          > > Some time ago I've written a runner for JUnit which is a replacement for the standard Parameterized runner - is easier & more flexible to use, gives nicer output in IDEs. I've made it available at http://code.google.com/p/junitparams. The website has a description of all the features.
          > >
          > > JUnitParams now updated to work properly with JUnit 4.10.
          > >
          > > Pawel

        • foo_bar_baz_qux
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2011
            I was going to start a new thread, but I'll plug in here, to keep the discussion in one place.

            I have had the same problem, different solution and the patch is in github: https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/pull/145

            Florian has same problem, different approach: https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/pull/358

            May the Powers That Be realize that this is a very annoying aspect of JUnit (forcing us to count lines when a test fails) and consider including any of these patches in the JUnit tree.

            Best regards,
            Dimitar
          • p.lipinski
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 9, 2012
              Actually this thread wasn't related to the standard JUnit Parameterized runner, which is a failure. It was related to JUnitParams runner (http://code.google.com/p/junitparams) which BTW. has been released today in the new version.
              Not only does JUnitParams solve the issue stated in the github comments you posted, but many others as well... You're welcome to use it ;-)

              Pawel

              --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "foo_bar_baz_qux" <dimitar.dimitrov@...> wrote:

              > I was going to start a new thread, but I'll plug in here, to keep the discussion in one place.
              >
              > I have had the same problem, different solution and the patch is in github: https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/pull/145
              >
              > Florian has same problem, different approach: https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/pull/358
              >
              > May the Powers That Be realize that this is a very annoying aspect of JUnit (forcing us to count lines when a test fails) and consider including any of these patches in the JUnit tree.
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Dimitar

            • foo_bar_baz_qux
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 23, 2012
                That is great, besides the fact that I will need to explain my team members and the procurement department why am I dragging another library in the project, who will support it and what will happen when the few committers move on to the next big thing.

                We need what is in the package to work - I took the time to implement a solution, but apparently JUnit has turned into a personal playground for a chosen few who are not interested in mundane day to day scenarios.

                These days I am slowly building support to migrate all project's tests to TestNG.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 28, 2012
                  Dimitar,

                  Patch processing has been slow on JUnit, as I shared with the list
                  that my paid work and family commitments have been taking up more of
                  my time over the last few months than before. I hope you do find a
                  solution that works for you, whether it involves the overhead of
                  freely reusing others' efforts or of writing your own.

                  David Saff