Re: JUnit 4.9 released!

  • sschroev
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 25, 2011
      Hi David,

      W.r.t. your last question: as far as I could tell the beta versions were indeed not available in Maven central; we had to manually deploy them to our corporate Nexus instance.

      Anyway, I just updated to JUnit 4.9 and noticed that the maven JAR contains org.hamcrest.* classes, similar to the issue described in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-1651.

      This is not the end of the world, but it requires people that want to use a more recent version of Hamcrest (e.g. 1.2.1) to declare the Hamcrest dependency in front of JUnit; not very nice. I see that you did define the hamcrest-core dependency in the POM, but since the class files are also shipped this has no effect.

      I wonder: is this bundling on purpose, and if not, will it be corrected?

      Kind regards,
      Stephan

      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 19, 2011
        kkamasiani,