Re: Suite of suites

  • marcelo_javier_ruiz
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      @David
      @Malte

      Thank you both for the answers!

      Unfortunately I am using Netbeans, so the Eclipse plug-in won't work in this case. Also, one of the reasons I am trying to build the suite of suites is because I am trying the concurrent runner (http://www.junit.org/node/589) to execute part of my tests (the ones that don't interfere with each other) concurrently: I have some test suites annotated with @RunWith(Suite.class) and the rest with @RunWidth(ConcurrentSuite.class).

      Before posting my question, I tried to create the suite of suites as David suggested, but I couldn't: JUnit gave me errors and did not execute the tests (maybe the @SuiteClasses annotation didn't behave as expected with suite of tests... I can't remember).

      I am travelling right now, but in a few days I will give it a try again and post back the outcome.

      Thanks again,

      Marcelo.

      --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, Malte Finsterwalder <malte@...> wrote:

      > Oh right, David.
      > I was thinking "automatic" and forgot about "manual".
      >
      > Greetings,
      > Malte
      >
      > On 31 January 2011 14:30, David Saff <david@...> wrote:
      > > Marcelo,
      > >
      > > I seem to have interpreted your question differently than Malte, but
      > > you can create a suite of suites:
      > >
      > > @RunWith(Suite.class)
      > > @SuiteClasses({package1.AllTests, package2.AllTests, package3.AllTests})
      > > public class AllAllTests {
      > > }
      > >
      > > On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:29 AM, marcelo_javier_ruiz
      > > <marcelo_javier_ruiz@...> wrote:
      > >> Hi All!
      > >> I am having a problem with JUnit4.8.2 that I can't solve.
      > >> I have tons of tests in my project.
      > >> In each package I have a suite class called AllTests like the following:
      > >>
      > >> @...({
      > >>        FirstTest.class,
      > >>        SecondTest.class,
      > >>        ThirdTest.class})
      > >> public class AllTests {
      > >>
      > >>    public AllTests() {
      > >>    }
      > >> }
      > >>
      > >> I would like to create a "super" suite class containing all the suites of my project. Can anyone please tell me how to do that?
      > >> Thanks a lot!

    • Malte Finsterwalder
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
        Hi Marcelo,

        On 2 February 2011 04:40, marcelo_javier_ruiz
        <marcelo_javier_ruiz@...> wrote:
        > Unfortunately I am using Netbeans, so the Eclipse plug-in won't work in this case.

        cpsuite is not an eclipse plugin. Its just a java library.
        Suite of suites worked for me, but I didn't use ConcurrentSuites and
        don't know if there is anything special you need to look after.

        Greetings,
        Malte