Re: Is there an API to know what parameters the test runs with, in particular @Param

  • anfernee_xu
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2009
      --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, David Saff <david@...> wrote:

      > Anfernee,
      >
      > Can you check the feature requests at
      >
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/junit/
      >
      > and make sure that there's one there for what you want? Thanks,
      >
      > David Saff
      >
      > On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM, David Saff <david@...> wrote:
      > > Anfernee,
      > >
      > > There is currently no such API, but it's a very popular feature
      > > request.  I'll take a stab at it soon.
      > >
      > >   David Saff
      > >
      > > On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:28 AM, anfernee_xu <anfernee.xu@...> wrote:
      > >> With JUnit4, we can have parameterized tests with @RunWith(value = Parameterized.class) and @Parameters,
      > >>
      > >> But in any JUnit reporting interface(UI, xml and its API), it seems there's no API to know the parameters each test runs with, this is useful feature, as it's easy to identify what parameters result in particular test fails.
      > >>
      > >> Can we have an enhancement in Description class, so we can have a new API
      > >> suppose
      > >>   Map getParameters()
      > >>
      > >> thus reporting layer can have access to the parameters and be able to show them to users.
      > >>
      > >> --Anfernee

      Hi David,

      I checked the request tracker page, http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1742040&group_id=15278&atid=365278 is similar to what I ask for, but it's more better to have an explicit API to get those parameters rather than implicitly include them in test name.

      Thanks

      Anfernee
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
        Sorry for the late response to all this. Can you log a feature
        request with what you'd like to see? Giving Parameterized more love
        is one of our goals for 4.7. Thanks,

        David