Ten Years of Test Driven Development

  • Steve Freeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
      Michael Feathers and I are working up a talk that will be a review of
      effectively 10 years of TDD. The idea is partly just to look at the
      history, but mainly to consider what we've learned over all this time.

      We'd like all of you to do our work for us by helping to construct a
      time line. I've started a page on the C2 wiki with some strawman
      entries to get people riled up so that they'll contribute.

      http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TenYearsOfTestDrivenDevelopment

      Please join in.

      Thanks

      S.

      Steve Freeman
      http://www.mockobjects.com

    • Johannes Link
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
        Steve,

        I appreciate you giving me some homework over the holidays :-)

        When are the two of you supposed to give this talk?

        Johannes

      • mfeathers@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
          I'm not Steve (I'm the other guy) but it will be at QCon in London.

          Michael

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
            So no one else has to Google, that means March 12-14, 2008.

            Michael/Steve, how quick are you hoping to get feedback? The Last
            Responsible Moment? Or irresponsibly sooner?

            David Saff

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2009
              Whenever you can... It's not supposed to be a "serious" official
              record, just throw in anything that you think is relevant.

              I'm particularly interested in what people think they learned from the
              various events in the timeline.

              Thanks

              S.

              On 5 Jan 2009, at 22:28, David Saff wrote:
              > So no one else has to Google, that means March 12-14, 2008.
              >
              > Michael/Steve, how quick are you hoping to get feedback? The Last
              > Responsible Moment? Or irresponsibly sooner?
              >
              > David Saff

              Steve Freeman
              http://www.mockobjects.com