Re: [junit] Compatibility question for 4.5

  • Paul King
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
      Just for feedback. all of the Groovy JUnit 4.x examples from here:

      http://groovy.codehaus.org/Using+JUnit+4+with+Groovy

      ran without change with 4.5 beta 2. At the moment, the integration
      only uses the runClasses() method from JUnitCore which doesn't seem
      to have changed. I haven't explored whether the changed runMain()
      methods would provider a better hook going forward.

      Cheers, Paul.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
        Johannes,

        As you port ClasspathSuite, be sure to take a look at the new
        RunnerBuilder support (check out the RunWith javadocs for now). Let
        me know if that helps,

        David Saff

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
          On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Paul King <paulk@...> wrote:

          > Just for feedback. all of the Groovy JUnit 4.x examples from here:
          >
          > http://groovy.codehaus.org/Using+JUnit+4+with+Groovy
          >
          > ran without change with 4.5 beta 2.

          Excellent (thanks again for the write-up, too.)

          > At the moment, the integration
          > only uses the runClasses() method from JUnitCore which doesn't seem
          > to have changed. I haven't explored whether the changed runMain()
          > methods would provider a better hook going forward.

          Please stay with runClasses, and not runMain:

          /**
          * Do not use. Testing purposes only.
          * @param system
          */
          public Result runMain(JUnitSystem system, String... args) {

          Thanks,