junit is not working after install

  • wahoo.java
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
      I am new to junit. I downloaded zip file and cannot get the
      command: java -cp junit.jar junit,swingui.TestRunner

      I am following instructions from boob "Agile Java development"
      by Anil Hemrajani as is on page 70.

      I set the classpath accordingly and I get java command not recognized.

      I cannot proceed in book because I cannot get the sample test to work.
    • Joel Neely
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
        What do you get from the command:

        java -version

        ?

        -jn-

        --
        Programming is the art of writing essays in crystal clear prose and
        making them execute. - Per Brinch Hansen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
          follow this link
          http://www.laliluna.de/assets/tutorials/junit-testing-en.pdf

          On Jan 2, 2008 5:28 AM, Joel Neely <joel.neely@...> wrote:

          > What do you get from the command:
          >
          > java -version
          >
          > ?
          >
          > -jn-
          >

          > On Jan 1, 2008 4:37 PM, wahoo.java <wahoo.java@...<wahoo.java%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > I am new to junit. I downloaded zip file and cannot get the
          > > command: java -cp junit.jar junit,swingui.TestRunner
          > >
          > > I am following instructions from boob "Agile Java development"
          > > by Anil Hemrajani as is on page 70.
          > >
          > > I set the classpath accordingly and I get java command not recognized.
          > >
          > > I cannot proceed in book because I cannot get the sample test to work.
          > >

          > --
          > Programming is the art of writing essays in crystal clear prose and
          > making them execute. - Per Brinch Hansen

        • mritunjay kumar
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
            better to use eclipse and the junit jar to the bulid path .
            pankaj khare <pankaj.0405@...> wrote: follow this link
            http://www.laliluna.de/assets/tutorials/junit-testing-en.pdf

            On Jan 2, 2008 5:28 AM, Joel Neely <joel.neely@...> wrote:

            > What do you get from the command:
            >
            > java -version
            >
            > ?
            >
            > -jn-
            >

            > On Jan 1, 2008 4:37 PM, wahoo.java <wahoo.java@...<wahoo.java%40yahoo.com>>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > I am new to junit. I downloaded zip file and cannot get the
            > > command: java -cp junit.jar junit,swingui.TestRunner
            > >
            > > I am following instructions from boob "Agile Java development"
            > > by Anil Hemrajani as is on page 70.
            > >
            > > I set the classpath accordingly and I get java command not recognized.
            > >
            > > I cannot proceed in book because I cannot get the sample test to work.
            > >

            > --
            > Programming is the art of writing essays in crystal clear prose and
            > making them execute. - Per Brinch Hansen

          • s l
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
              C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\bin>java -version

              java version "1.6.0_03"

              Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode,
              sharing)

              Thank you

              I am trying to use junit as stand alone and follow book.

              better to use eclipse and the junit jar to the bulid path .

              pankaj khare <pankaj.0405@ gmail.com> wrote: follow this link

              On Jan 2, 2008 5:28 AM, Joel Neely <joel.neely@gmail. com> wrote:

              > What do you get from the command:

              > java -version

              > ?

              > -jn-

              > On Jan 1, 2008 4:37 PM, wahoo.java <wahoo.java@yahoo. com<wahoo.java% 40yahoo.com> >

              > wrote:

              > > I am new to junit. I downloaded zip file and cannot get the

              > > command: java -cp junit.jar junit,swingui. TestRunner

              > > I am following instructions from boob "Agile Java development"

              > > by Anil Hemrajani as is on page 70.

              > > I set the classpath accordingly and I get java command not recognized.

              > > I cannot proceed in book because I cannot get the sample test to work.

              > --

              > Programming is the art of writing essays in crystal clear prose and

              > making them execute. - Per Brinch Hansen

              <!--

              #ygrp-mkp{
              #ygrp-mkp hr{
              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
              #ygrp-mkp #hd{
              #ygrp-mkp #ads{
              margin-bottom:10px;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad{
              padding:0 0;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
              color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
              -->

              <!--

              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
              font-family:Arial;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
              margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
              -->

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;}
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;}
              #ygrp-actbar{
              #ygrp-actbar .left{
              float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-grft{
              #ygrp-ft{
              padding:5px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              padding-bottom:10px;}

              #ygrp-vital{
              #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              #ygrp-vital ul{
              padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              #ygrp-vital ul li{
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-vital a{
              text-decoration:none;}

              #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}

              #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              padding:8px 0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              text-decoration:none;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              margin:0;}
              o{font-size:0;}
              .MsoNormal{
              margin:0 0 0 0;}
              #ygrp-text tt{
              font-size:120%;}
              blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              .replbq{margin:4;}
              -->

            • Mark Salter
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
                s l wrote:

                > C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\bin>java -version

                So you do have java on your machine, but it would appear the directory
                you had to navigate to to run it is not in your PATH.

                If you navigate back to your "junit tryout" directory and you amend your
                command (watch the line wrap) to :-

                C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\bin\java -cp junit.jar
                junit.swingui.TestRunner

                At least then java will be invoked and you can move on to your next problem.

                --
                Mark