Bumblebee 0.3

  • Daniel Brolund
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hi everybody,
      I just released Bumblebee 0.3. Bumblebee is a small framework that
      allows you to create documentation from executing code, at the moment
      from JUnit 4.4 tests. If you spend a lot of time creating snippet
      intense documentation for e.g. API's, this might be the thing for you.

      At
      http://www.agical.com/bumblebee/bumblebee_doc.html
      you can see the generated doc for the latest release, and at
      http://www.agical.com/bumblebee/download/bumblebee-0.3-dist.zip
      you can download the whole thing, with sources, dependencies and more.

      The theme for this release was to add functions for getting contents
      from various sources to include in the output.That boiled down to
      getting Bumblebee out of the way of Ruby and remove some of the
      feature envy encountered.
      The outcome is a more consequent syntax, with better Ruby integration
      and better extensibility.
      Maven2 was also thrown out as build system in favor of Buildr.
      Hopefully the maven2 related stuff such as repositories will still
      work as before.

      Feel free to download and try it out! I'd really appreciate all sorts
      of feedback, and I'd be happy to help you out if you have any trouble
      with it.

      If you could hint me for other places/lists where this kind of tool
      would be appreciated, please drop me a line.

      Cheers
      Daniel

      --
      Daniel.Brolund@...