Re: [junit] Recording performance of classes, is it possible in JUnit ?

  • Sunento Wu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      Thanks Mike, I will try to download and try it.

      best regards,

      sunento

      Sunento Wu wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I just downloaded JUnit yesterday. And briefly read
      > through the API Documentation.
      >
      > Currently I am doing investigation for the
      performance
      > of our Java Classes.
      >
      > What I am about thinking to do will be : just insert
      > Timer class to record the time before executing the
      > statements and after executed, and then , print the
      > result ( after execution time - before execution
      > time).
      >
      > I wonder whether in JUnit has the feature to record
      > the performance of my classes ?
      >
      > Does some body have idea about this ?

      The TimedTest test decorator distributed with
      JUnitPerf will measure the
      elapsed time of any existing test case method and fail
      if the specified
      maximum elapsed time is exceeded. The timing results
      are also printed
      to the console.

      JUnitPerf is freely available at:

      http://www.clarkware.com/software/JUnitPerf.html