Re: [junit] Re: Running from jar file

  • Sarath Kummamuru
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2005
      I am not sure why that is not happenning. You can test any class that
      exists and is accessible in the class path with junit. No
      Restrictions. !!!! Whether it is in a directory or in a jar file.

      Are you sure that the jar file containing the classes you are testing
      and the junit jar files included in the class path!?

      Also if you tell us what is the error you are getting, it would be easier.

      Sarath.

      On 5/5/05, Adam <adamcabler@...> wrote:

      > Sorry - I'm getting back to this problem again.
      >
      > Actually - I did try and its not working, which is why I asked. If
      > anyone has any [helpful] suggestions, I would appreciate it.
      >
      > --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbrains@r...> wrote:
      > > Adam wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hello,
      > > > I was wondering if its possible to run junit on classes that are in
      > > > a jar file instead of just a plain directory?
      > >
      > > Yes.
      > >
      > > No offence, but you could have just tried it in the same time it would
      > > take for me to type the answer.
      > > --
      > > J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger
      > > Diaspar Software Services
      > > http://www.diasparsoftware.com
      > > Author, JUnit Recipes: Practical Methods for Programmer Testing

    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2005
        Adam wrote:

        > Sorry - I'm getting back to this problem again.
        >
        > Actually - I did try and its not working, which is why I asked. If
        > anyone has any [helpful] suggestions, I would appreciate it.

        Please describe the specifics of your problem: your classpath, your
        command to run the JUnit test runner and the behavior you observe. Is it
        a ClassNotFound problem? Something else?
        --
        J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger
        Diaspar Software Services
        http://www.diasparsoftware.com
        Author, JUnit Recipes: Practical Methods for Programmer Testing
      • Brian Knorr
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 21 8:02 AM
          I am having the same issue...does anyone know how to run tests from
          a jar? Please help!

          --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <adamcabler@...> wrote:

          > Sorry - I'm getting back to this problem again.
          >
          > Actually - I did try and its not working, which is why I asked. If
          > anyone has any [helpful] suggestions, I would appreciate it.
          >
          > --- In junit@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbrains@r...>
          wrote:
          > > Adam wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Hello,
          > > > I was wondering if its possible to run junit on classes
          that are in
          > > > a jar file instead of just a plain directory?
          > >
          > > Yes.
          > >
          > > No offence, but you could have just tried it in the same time it
          would
          > > take for me to type the answer.
          > > --
          > > J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger
          > > Diaspar Software Services
          > > http://www.diasparsoftware.com
          > > Author, JUnit Recipes: Practical Methods for Programmer Testing

        • Andi Mirani
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25 9:09 AM
            Brian,

            I have the same problem before, but tried to make sure the jar file is worked under the correct classpath.
            all the file must be run under under classpath java\junit.jar\sample file.

            the when you run it you can type: java junit.swingui.TestRunner filename

            Probably you'll find problem about the TestCollector later.I have no clue about it yet. I hope someone out there can help us.

            Andi